Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I'll Be Surprised

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sorry I am behind on my posting, but I was being held hostage until the Michigan race was run. They left me go last night, so here goes.

I'll be surprised if Dale Jr. doesn't have another engine failure prior to the Chase. Why? The broomstick rider is still punishing him as if he were a small stepchild. Control freaks...ya know?

I'll be surprised if Dale Jr. does make the Chase simply because the CF mentioned above puts all her money on the other Junior (Truex).

I'll be surprised if Truex doesn't make the Chase because he's getting the best of the best as far as equipment goes. Nope, don't even try to talk me out of that one. I ain't listening.

I'll be surprised if Dale Jr. stays at his current place of employment if he doesn't make the Chase. Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mention who that place of employment would be, did I? Those three letters are being ignored here these days. Oh, ok, I'll give you a hint at least. The first letter is a D, or is that a T?

I'll be surprised if Dale Jr. does make the Chase and doesn't have any more engine failures, or equipment failures for that matter.

I'll be surprised if these thoughts of mine make a liar out of me.

Except for that last one (making the Chase and no failures), I hope I am wrong on all counts. I just have a sinking feeling one of these will hold true. Well, I'll go with the last one on that.

On another note, the biggest loser as to her not letting him have the 8 would be her. How stupid is she? Did she really think he would just let her have a percentage of his royalties on anything with that number on it? Did she really think that? Wow, then she is dumber than I thought. She stands to be the biggest loser simply because by next year that number 8 will have lost all its glitter and fame. It will become just another number. Ho-hum, totally boring. And she can crawl back into the hole she came out of. Sorry, but I no longer view her as the widow of Dale Earnhardt Sr., because were he alive today to actually see what she did, he'd divorce her in a nano second. Of course, if he was (were?) alive, then we all know that none of this would have happened in the first place. But he isn't here, so we will deal with it.

I am moving on and I think this will likely be my last post on the number situation. I hope anyway. Truth be told, I am tired of the whole situation. Oh, I will probably get a little mad now and then, but the operative word there is little.

Needless to say, I am very excited about next year. A new home, a new sponsor, a new number, a new paint scheme. A fresh, new start. What could be better than that? New possibilities of winning many races, not to mention a championship. Sweet.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate to say it but Junior won't go anywhere if he doesn't make the chase..It could be an ugly ending right down to Holmestead...There is still a chance for a minor miracle like maybe Busch will trip on his ears and sprain an ankle or something but I wouldn't bet the mortgage on it...

Tiredawg said...

Junior will finish out the year hands down. Why you ask??? Cause he is a REAL Earnhardt, finishes what he starts!!!

Jim said...

Good thoughts. You may be surprised but you don't surprise me!
Keep it up. You're right on.
..

Cheyenne said...

Curmudgeon & Tiredawg ~ If Kyle jumps ship, Dale Jr. could follow suit. You never know. Wishful thinking on my part, I know. And now with Mark Martin jumping in the 8 car next year, along with Aric Almirola, it makes me want to vomit. And possibly Greg Biffle in the 8 in 2009? Oh, dear.

Cheyenne said...

Jim ~ Thanks