Wednesday, August 08, 2007

You Be The Judge

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The media (and Kurt Busch) say that Kurt is the better driver at Watkins Glen, the upcoming race on August 12th. (Kurt said he was the better driver at Watkins Glen in one of his TV interviews.) And I use the following post-race Dale Jr. question and answer session excerpt to prove my point:

Q. With Watkins Glen on the next race up, are there any concerns there? Kurt typically runs a little bit better on the road courses than you have been. That's for Dale.
DALE EARNHARDT, JR.: Did you ask me about road courses?

Q. Kurt runs a little bit better than you do there on average.
DALE EARNHARDT, JR.: Really? (laughter) I don't know about that. Are you sure? I've had some pretty good runs at the Glen. We're going to run hard and, you know, maybe - you know, I ain't going to put my teammate in the challenge or in the mix, but Kurt's not the only guy that we can catch. So, you know, maybe Kurt gains a couple more points and maybe we win at the road course. You never know. We were pretty good at Sonoma and I'm terrible there. The car carried me all weekend. I think I'm pretty decent at the Glen, so if we can both meet on the same page we might be pretty good.


Here are the stats of both drivers for the last five races at the Glen:

12th – Kurt Busch (7 points ahead of Dale Jr. in the Chase)

# One top 10; one pole
# Average finish of 25.0
# Finished 19th last season's race
# Led two of six races for 39 laps

Season-to-Date Loop Data Highlight:
# Series-high 1,200 Quality Passes

****************

13th – Dale Earnhardt Jr.

# Two top fives, three top 10s
# Average finish of 17.6
# Finished 18th last season's race
# Led three of seven races for 13 laps

Season-to-Date Loop Data Highlight:
# 4,569 Laps in the Top 15, third-most

So there you have it folks...now what's your opinion?

3 comments:

Tiredawg said...

My opinion??? Dale Jr.'s ears are more aerodynamically correct. So therefore, June is the better driver.

Anonymous said...

Mr. Busch should remember talk is cheap..I'm figuring somewhere along the line he will shoot himself in the foot and do something stupid..and tiredawg is right his ears are more aerodynamically correct..

Oscar T. Grouch said...

Cheyenne

you gotta read my blog, I thought of you and your misplaced cat, I really did.