Thursday, December 16, 2010

Brrrrrrrrrr!

OK, I have about had enough of this cold weather now and am going into hibernation. What? Oh, sorry, I can't do that. Well, I could if I wanted to but it's not very feasible for a human to do it. But still, if we could I would be the first to do so. I really, really, really hate this cold weather. When I was a kid it didn't bother me. I used to run outside barefoot in the snow and think nothing of it. My mother didn't like the idea, so I would do it when she wasn't looking. Because I did that as a child, I have built up a great immune system. At least something worked out well.

This is only mid December. It is not supposed to get this cold in these parts until January. Who is monkeying with our weather? Whoever it is, please go the hell away...and stay away. I can't afford to move to a warmer climate. I have too much invested in this house and property. What would I do with my cat colony outside? No, it just wouldn't work. So I am stuck year after year in Siberia-like crap.

I always used to wonder what my parents were thinking when they decided to have me in this part of the country. Or even this country. I would have much preferred to have been born where it is warm most of the time. I don't think I would be as crabby or cranky or any of those other words describing a person who is malcontent with what life has thrown at her in the way of nasty frigid weather. Know what I mean? It just ain't fair. I didn't ask to be born here.

Oh yeah, I guess I could have done something about it at an earlier age, but nothing was thrown my way so I stuck it out here in friggin' cold Pennsylvania, land of the popsicles. And just think...at least three and a half months till warmer weather arrives. At least by then the racing season will have started, and that will be enough to keep my mouth shut from all this complaining.

I am spending most of today baking. That will keep me warm.

2 comments:

yellowdoggranny said...

it's 12:30 a.m. and it's 64..think it was high of 70 today..

Grandma K said...

I wish I could package up some of the warmth here in Swampland. It was back to A/C yesterday and part of today as well. Supposed to be "cold" tomorrow.

At one time, I would have loved to live in your area with snow, etc. Then I got old!