Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Ho-Hum

Things have been mighty busy since little Eli has come into our lives. My schedule has been changed and almost everything is focused around him. Not everything, I shouldn't say that...but for the most part he is the center of most of our actions these days.

Mornings around here are so different from before. My first chore is to feed the three older cats, Dakota-Sioux, Junior, and Punkin'. After that the cats outside get fed, and then I can devote the next two hours to Eli while he is fenced off in the kitchen. I usually stay there with him doing odd things.  For Eli, those two hours are filled with eating, drinking, and playing. He plays so hard that he tires himself out and usually falls asleep as soon as I put him in his pen.

That gives me approximately five hours before it is time to feed the cats outside. Once that is done, I can start on our dinner. Sometimes that is just where I slap anything on the table as long as it's food, or I cook a meal of meat, starch, and a vegetable or something similar to that.

And then once again it is time to get Eli out for at least another two hours. As you can see from all this, there isn't much time to do computer stuff like post more often than I have been doing.

Once our dinner is eaten and the dishes cleared away I do have an hour or two on the computer unless something else is more pressing. By 8:00 I am ready to sit in my recliner and watch TV. Once the news comes on at 11:00, guess what? It is time to get Eli out for at least an hour or so.  I usually try to get him back into his pen by 12:30am or earlier.

By then I am so ready to watch The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson, that crazy Scot. Once his show is over it is time for me to get to bed which is usually around 1:45am.

So there you have it, the reasons why I don't post as much as I would like to. Once we get an OK from the vet and can let all the cats mingle, things will be a lot different. Keep your fingers crossed that Eli gets a clean bill of health soon.

1 comment:

Peruby said...

Fingers and toes crossed!