Sunday, July 08, 2012

In Response To My Previous Post

I haven't tried the Synch program again but I did realize that despite the fact that I had Internet capabilities on my laptop from the router, I still had to marry said laptop to the router. I don't know if that makes a difference and I am not in a hurry to find out.

 E-mail? I am currently using my Yahoo account that was set up on my PC a long time ago as a backup. I no longer have a need to download another mail system on the laptop and mess around with all that it entails. My Yahoo account is all I need for now.

 Eli, who had been sick with stomach problems along with nasty diarrhea, is much better. I always keep Culturelle for Kids in the house, so I started giving him that as well as all the other cats just to be safe. I am fairly certain Eli's problem was due to a change in his diet and nothing more. All four cats are now on the same page as far as food goes so hopefully this problem won't arise again.
We are finally experiencing some normalcy with the weather. After 11 or so days of excessive heat, sometimes into the triple digits, today is not as hot but you could cut the humidity with a knife. By Monday things should be much nicer with lower temps and humidity. All I can say is thank goodness for air conditioning. We recently installed another one in the computer room after not having one in there for a year.
Yesterday I thought I was going to the land of the munchkins. I went out to feed early due to an impending storm and I was hoping to beat it and get back inside before it hit us. Too late. I got caught while inside the greenhouse. I had to stay inside during the entire storm because the two vent flaps would have broken off from the high winds. So, while holding both of them down with both hands, I had to use my foot to close the door to stop the wind from blowing through the greenhouse. I ended up riding out that storm with winds at 70 plus mph not knowing if it was my last day on earth or not. Let met tell you...that was no picnic.

4 comments:

Peruby said...

Holy cow, that must have been some storm!

Grandma K said...

Glad things are looking up - with Eli and the weather is moderating. I keep hoping your weather will improve. I know how bad it is.

Cheyenne said...

Peruby ~ Like my daughter said when she was caught in the same storm in a car: "I was waiting for a cow to fly by."
Yes, it was some storm and I don't want to be caught in another like it.

Cheyenne said...

Grandma K ~ The weather is improving a little; at least the humidity is behaving somewhat today. Tomorrow should be better for our area.