It may say Spring on the calendar but in this part of the country Winter just doesn't want to let go. We just had a snowstorm a few days ago that gave us 3 inches and another one is due in a few days. Depending on which way it moves from the West depends on whether we get rain or snow. March has been notorious for snowstorms with heavy snowfalls for us.
Despite Winter being so thick-headed, it hasn't stopped me from enjoying my racing. As I type this I am watching qualifying runs for the Nationwide Series. That race will be on later today, when I will be cheering my driver Elliott Sadler for the win. Sunday is the Sprint Cup race. Dale Jr. qualified half decent and it's a track where he enjoys racing at Fontana, California, so I am hoping for good results from him.
Also on Sunday the Izod Indy Car Series gets started. Their first race is in St. Petersburg, Florida. That race starts TV coverage at noon and the Cup race gets started around 3:15 so I may get to see most of the Indy race. If not, I will be switching back and forth between the two.
Today's newspaper has an article on Marco Andretti, who drives the #25 RC Cola Dallara Chevy in the Izod Series. He used to drive the #26 but felt it has been bad luck. He went back to school in the off season to learn not to overdrive his car. This is his 8th season. He is 26 years old. I have been a fan of his, his father's (Michael), and his grandfather's (Mario) ever since Mario got into the racing business. Their home base is in Nazareth, PA, which is only a few miles from where I live.
Marco is one of the reasons I follow the Indy Car Series. The other reason is his teammate, Ryan Hunter-Reay...last year's champion.
I would like to say that winter can stay around for as long as it likes so long as I have my weekend racing, but that would be a lie. Winter sucks...racing rules.
2 comments:
Hmmm... We were supposed to be at a race track in the South West of England yesterday. Like USA, the UK winter completely refuses to give up and the entire country is either in a state of flood alert or snowed in. Not racing weather at all! I'm taking solace in the Malaysian GP. At least I can watch sun somewhere in the world!!!! Jx
Everywhere I look, it's still winter. Still snowing all over Canada and the US.
I prefer NHRA to Nascar.
Post a Comment