Monday, September 16, 2013

Licking My Wounds

This past Sunday started out with bad news and just escalated to something I never saw coming.

The first bad news was from my daughter who called to let me know how her significant other fared in the local race the night before.  She said the good news was he won his heat and went on to win the final race only to have (and here's the bad news) that race win as well as the trophy taken away from him.  Why?  Inspection said his springs were illegal...the same springs he's been using all season long...the same springs that passed tech inspection the past two weeks.  Something a little fishy there I would say.

And then my beloved NY Giants lost their second game of the football season.   It was Manning vs. Manning and I knew the older brother would win, which he did.  That game was agonizing to watch.  The NY Giants are now 0 for 2.

The NASCAR Sprint Cup race came on, but before they could get to half it started to rain.  Dale Earnhardt, Jr., sat in fifth place at that point.  So while they were in rain delay, I was able to watch a lot of my second favorite NFL team: the San Francisco 49ers.  I have been a 49ers fan longer than a Giants fan, but I like both teams equally.  Needless to say, the 49ers lost too and they are now 1 for 2.

Can it get any worse?  You bet it can.

The Sprint Cup race resumed.  And as if I had not had almost one of the worst days of my life, Dale's engine blew and just like that he was out of the race.  This was the first race of the ten-race Chase for the championship.  He is now so far behind the leader that any hope he had for the Chase is all but gone.  

Am I depressed?  You darn well know it.

But I know the world will go on and I will get over my bad day.  I just don't want to see one of those again for a long, long time.

5 comments:

Judy said...

Michael Waltrip was always Fred's favorite driver. He even got to tour the Waltrip Racing Team's headquarters in North Carolina when we were there. With all this talk of them cheating and all--I know, Fred would be very disappointed. Sorry about Dale--he is my fav too. Hey--maybe you guys will get to play the Lions this season--you are assured of a win in that game!!!

Marti said...

Sorry about the springs. I assume that's in a car and not in his Tigger tail. ;)

I'll join in with your misery. My Texas Rangers baseball team isn't doing well either.

Cheyenne said...

Judy ~ I was excited when the Lions had that kicker and then cut him before the games started. His last name was Raglund or something like that and he was from Norway I think. I was all set to start watching their games just to see him kick.

Cheyenne said...

Marti ~ Wait...what? Tigger tail? Yes, the springs in my daughter's friend's race car.

Yeah, my NY Mets have been in the dumpster almost all season.

Peruby said...

OMG! I would want a total "do-over" for that week-end! Yuck!