Monday, October 07, 2013

What Can I say? I'm A Lousy Blogger

Today it rained.  I am very lazy when it rains.  Or any other day for that matter.  I just made a bullet list of things to do.  That was fun.  Now all I have to do is listen to myself so I can check each chore off as I do them.  The list hasn't changed much from a few months ago.  But I keep making them anyway.  Do you get my drift?

I really have nothing to write about these days.  Ever since we had that whirlwind week during our birthdays, we seem to be winding down.  And now that the weather is getting cooler, I have no incentive to do anything outside either.

One thing I must do (and I forgot to add it to my list) is plant the bulbs I received in the mail last week.  But before I can plant them, the place they are going needs to be weeded.  I can't bend over to weed because of my lower back problem, so I guess I will have to get a mat of some sort to sit on while doing that nasty chore.  I am not looking forward to that at all and now I wish I'd never ordered those bulbs back in May.

Moving on to the sports in my life, which hasn't gotten much better than the past few weeks, although some things are looking up.  With the Giants being 0 for 5, I just don't know what to think.  Who stole their mojo?  And why the entire team?  That's why it's a good thing to have a backup team like the 49ers.  At least they are winning.  I also am enjoying the Kansas City Chiefs and the Denver Broncos...neither team has lost yet and they are in the same division.

Racing?  Not many bright spots there either.  Dale Jr. lost his engine in the first of the ten Chase races which will determine the championship for 2013.  That dropped him all the way down to 13th in the points.  That is the lowest position.  usually there are only 12 spots but NASCAR had a problem which is too detailed to go into at this time.  By the end of the second race, Dale Jr. moved into the 11th spot; after the 3rd race, he was in the 10th spot, and on Sunday he moved up to 8th in the points.  I am smart enough to realize he will not win the championship this year, but he sure is making it pleasant for me to watch the races.  There are 6 more to go and then the season is over till next February.  I can hardly wait till it starts up again.

Did anyone see what happened to Dario Franchitti in Sunday's IndyCar race in Houston?  I turned that race off because Marco Andretti was doing so poorly and then Helio Castroneves had problems and by then I was just too frustrated.  I wasn't aware what happened on the last lap until late Sunday night and then I think I watched the video of his nasty crash at least ten times.  He is lucky to be alive.

I might miss a few of the racing programs this weekend because we are planning on taking the Harley up north for the fall foliage.  This weekend is supposed to be the best weekend for the leaves.  Let's hope it doesn't rain.  I would also like to visit the little town of Jim Thorpe and maybe take a train ride as well.

 

6 comments:

Peruby said...

I've always wondered about your windmill and how it worked out for you.

You can't go wrong looking at the foliage (except for the rain of course).

Hope you have a wonderful trip.

Grandma K said...

Enjoy the foliage.

Planting bulbs or other gardening things always seems like a good idea - before you have to do it!! Ask me how I know!

Judy said...

I know too well about the bulbs. I have a box, stored in my car, waiting until I get the dang porch finished. Then I can plant them AND, with back problems, it is not really fun. The pleasure comes next spring when they (hopefully) all come up--if the rodents don't dig them up first and eat them,

I was wondering how Ashley Judd was feeling when Dario crashed. He is very lucky!!

Cheyenne said...

Peruby ~ The windmill/turbine is doing a good job. Especially on the windy days. It goes bonkers.

It looks like our trip north will be hampered by the Nor'easter coming our way.

Cheyenne said...

Grandma K ~ Like I replied to Peruby, this Nor'easter heading our way might mess up our plans.

Cheyenne said...

Judy ~ I don't mind the planting...provided someone weeds the bed and gets it ready for me to plant the bulbs. That ain't happening though.

I like that Ashley Judd sped to her estranged husband's side. I always liked them as a couple and maybe they might get back together again. They separated in January but never divorced. Quite unusual.