Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Going To Be A Busy Week

Last week my husband came down with a nasty head cold.  His symptoms set in Sunday a week ago, but by Thursday he was a lot better.  Since he can't take medication for a cold he relies on good old chicken noodle soup.  

I told him not to give his stinking cold to me.  He didn't listen.  This past Saturday night my throat was slightly sore.  And again last night.  I take HB Coricidin due to my blood pressure pills.  I, however, cannot eat chicken noodle soup.  I could not stand all that sodium at one time.  That would kill me for certain.

Tuesday (today) we have to travel to the other side of the county it seems because my husband has to have two tests done for his cardiologist.   They are going to check his carotid arteries and keep an eye on his abdominal aneurysm.  It's there...it just hasn't gotten any worse since they first found it a few years ago.  Nothing to worry about now but they need to check on it at least once a year.

Since we will be in never never land we will be stopping in at one of the bulk warehouses and do a little shopping.  This might be the last year for that since my annual renewal has risen another $10.  Traveling that far just doesn't justify the savings.  They used to be near us but decided they needed to build a new place near the airport right smack dab in the middle of a new gigantic shopping center.

Wednesday morning I have to make a quick stop at my family doctor so the nurse can take my blood pressure reading.  When I was at the doctor last week it was rather high when the nurse took it and ten minutes later when the doctor took it, the top number went up another 10 points.  He took it in the other arm and that went up another 10 points.  Well, with that reading I should have fallen on the floor writhing like a maniac.

After we leave the doctor we will probably stop in at a local diner and grab some breakfast and then it is off to the grocery store.  I have everything I need for our Thanksgiving dinner except the pumpkin pie.   And to me it ain't Thanksgiving without some pumpkin pie.

Thursday, of course, is the big day.  Football, turkey, and all the trimmings.  It's just the two of us this year but we do have a great time.  I wouldn't want it any other way.  

Meanwhile, there is a nasty storm headed our way and should be here within the next day or two.  

5 comments:

Jan said...

I hope that your week is running smoothly. Jx

Judy said...

I worry most about the nasty storm! Please be careful out there on your goings and have a great turkey day..sounds perfect to me.

Grandma K said...

Take care.

Marti said...

Hope you are both better now. Does your BP spike when you go to the dr? I think the drive to my dr brings it on.

I heard about that cold front. Stay warm and have a good holiday.

p.s. Love that kitten picture.

Peruby said...

Mmmmm. Nice. Snuggled in for the big day with good eats and your hubby. You can watch the snowfall from inside. Sounds like a winner to me! Enjoy!