Friday, December 13, 2013

Hey! I'm Still Alive

Believe it or not I am still kicking.  There hasn't been much happening and our days have been filled with lots of shopping for groceries, cat food, and whatever else we felt like shopping for.

I decorated for Christmas both inside and outside and didn't complain at all about having to do it as I do other years.  I think that is a first for me.  It's not that I am looking forward to Christmas, it's just that the house needed some color.

All the gifts have been bought but not wrapped yet.  I usually do that the last minute.  I have a few cards to write out and send.  Since the stamps are going up another 3¢ the first of the year, I felt I had better buy a bunch now.  I am hoping I don't have to buy any for a few years.  With the problems the post office is having we may just go back to the pony express.

A snowstorm is on its way to us and should arrive Saturday morning.  They are predicting anywhere from six to eight or nine inches of the stuff.  Rain, sleet and ice are supposed to follow late Saturday toward the evening.  Time will tell.

Anyway, the snow blower is ready, we are well situated as far as food goes for us and for the cats, inside and outside, so no problems there.

I have my to-do list for myself that will keep me busy this weekend.  I also have a bunch of photos in both my cameras that need to be put into the computer.  Maybe I will have more to write about once I do that.

6 comments:

Grandma K said...

Please back up those photos when you put them on the computer - do it right away. I admit I am a procrastinator, and look where it got me!! Four sets of vacation pictures, grandchildren, my beloved Simone - all gone!

Other than that -stay warm and cozy!

Judy said...

We had 19 hours of continual snow last night and today. It is pretty, but...forced me to stay inside, which was great!! I got a lot done.

Jim said...

We had a rainy first part of the week and now a little warming. But it still gets close to freezing by mornings.

We always make it but aren't well organized like you are in getting ready for Christmas. I will send some cards out, we may miss the friends this year. Mrs. Jim had decorated by the first week of December as we had a Christmas party here then with 20 guests.

I had our minimal outside done again as the snowman was the landmark for guests driving down our street.
..

Cheyenne said...

Grandma K ~ Yes, I know I should backup my things and I keep putting it off. One of these days...

Cheyenne said...

Judy ~ More snow is coming our way. Yippee! Not.

Cheyenne said...

Jim ~ I would trade all this cold weather and snow and ice and sleet for a week of rain and I would not complain one bit.

I am far from organized in getting ready for Christmas. I do a lot of things out of habit, not because I want to. Must be the German in me, along other things.