Half of June is over and soon the longest day will be here and then the days start to get shorter. How did this happen so fast? Where does the time go? Especially after the super harsh winter we had. I want the warm weather to stay longer than we get to have it.
Do you see that pool? That belongs to our neighbor. I am so thankful now that I decided to plant those forsythia bushes as well as the maple tree between them. Today they have enough leaves on all three to block out that pool so that whenever they are in it, or have company, I don't have to look at them when I am on our deck. And they can't see me, either. Thank the Lord for small miracles.
This flower bed needs some serious straightening out. Daffodils come up in the spring and those chubby things in the back of the daffodil plant as well those on the right are Iris plants. Needless to say most everything else is just plain old weeds. Back breakers. It isn't easy for me to weed this bed. I have had ongoing lower back problems now for well over twenty-plus years.
We have had a lot of rain the past few days so weeding this bed should be a little easier for me. We bought mulch to put here as well as under our weeping cherry tree in the front yard. That thing grows like a weed. I cut it back severely just before winter and the limbs will be to the ground in another month or so.
Getting back to the plot in the picture above: I have a bunch of Iris rhizomes that I wanted to plant before last winter and never got around to doing it, so I stored them in a cool, dry place. I recently read that I can plant them in July so I hope that gets done next month and isn't one more thing I let slide by.
Honestly, I just don't know where the time goes. Looking at the clock on my computer I see it is already Sunday. Most of the day will be spent watching prerace programs as well as the race itself. Monday I have a dental appointment and some pet food shopping to do. Tuesday my husband has two tests he does annually at the cardiologist that will take four hours. And I sit and wait for him. We do this every year. I take enough food and snacks and the time usually goes fairly fast for me. Wednesday is our grocery shopping day. I think Thursday is already planned for something my husband wants to do because he asked me if that day is open. And that brings us to Friday which is the start of racing programs that continue into Saturday and Sunday and we are back to square one.
See what I mean? I shouldn't even have to ask where the time goes, it seems I already answered my own question.
3 comments:
You can plant the Iris anytime, but I read in a garden magazine, not to plant or transplant any perennial until after August 15th. That way they don't die from the July heat and they get a good start before winter.
I fully agree with you. Time just disappears!
Just enjoy life regardless of how the time flies.
I am so far behind in my flowering, mulching. I do this every year. As June marches into July, I think "why bother with it now?" LOL!
Post a Comment