Here I sit and no football to watch. One of my two teams, San Francisco 49ers, has their bye (off) week and the other one, NY Giants, is playing the Jaguars who have won one game and lost the other ten this season. That game isn't televised. I hope the Giants win that game because they aren't doing so well this year and have to concentrate on getting things together.
I usually watch the Philadelphia Eagles games but they just played this past Thursday and aren't scheduled to play until next Sunday. And I like to watch the Dallas Cowboys just to see them get beat and for no other reason. No other teams command my attention except the Washington Redskins and they aren't doing so well either.
The temperature is currently 40° but it is supposed to get warmer than that today. Tomorrow is going to be nicer as far as a higher temperature is concerned. Today is quite dreary and when I look out my window all I see is gray tree branches and white snow and it looks so cold.
I really hate this in-between-the-holidays time of the year. As Thanksgiving approaches I always get somewhat gloomy. Back in the day when my parents were here yet both Thanksgiving and Christmas were something to look forward to. The entire family (siblings and their kids) would gather around the table and sit down to a magnificent feast my mother was well known for...that is no longer the case.
My parents brought us all together (I have two siblings and I am the middle child) but now things have changed. My sister lives in California and does not associate with me for some reason or another, and my brother lives not too far away and does not associate with me for some reason or another. I have reached the point where I really don't care anymore. It is what it is as they say. So be it. I tried in the past to connect with both of them and have given up.
I don't look forward to Christmas for the same reason. There is one holiday however that I anxiously await: New Years Day. Now that is something to look forward to simply because it leaves both Thanksgiving and Christmas in the dust.
(I tried to post a photo but Blogger is playing games)
1 comment:
Nothing like the holiday blues!
It's sad when siblings have problems. I am quite older than my brother and sister. I joined the Navy when they were still little kids. When I got out, they were "grown up" but they hated each other. Then my brother was murdered and my sister almost never got over it. This is 25 years ago now...
I can't give advice, just try to enjoy yourself no matter what. Don't give others control over your life.
Look out for #1!! (You!)
Post a Comment