What happens when a country lets all kinds of people in it -- legally and illegally?
You end up with bloat. You end up with people who bring their religion, their ideas, their rhetoric into your beloved country. And soon they want you to conform to their ways. And they don't understand why we don't see things their way. And by "we" I mean those of us who were born here and are many generations from the ancestors that came to this country centuries ago.
I am eighth generation in my line of ancestry. I share the same last name (my maiden name) with the ancestor that came here back in the mid 1700's. I shudder to think what he would say about all that has happened since then.
My ancestors, parents included, loved this country. They were proud to be here. They loved their flag, their values, their religion...and they never thought for one second they would see half of what is happening here today. I am not going into detail for I would not want to offend anyone. Just know that there are so many things going on right in front of my eyes that I do not like and wish I could change them.
If my parents knew that same sex marriages were happening they would die all over again. Love comes in many forms and I am not saying they can't love one another...but married? That is where I draw the line.
I could list a lot of things that should never have been changed because they aren't for the better but I prefer to keep quiet on my thoughts. I know I am not always right but damn it, it just irritates me when i see what has happened to this country over the last decades.
I can only hope we can go back to the good times before I close my eyes forever.
********************************************************************************
And on an upbeat note -- both my NASCAR drivers are on the front row of the Daytona 500 which will be run next Sunday, February 26th.
Chase Elliott has the pole and Dale Earnhardt Jr. will start second. Junior is back after spending half of last season "on the bench" due to severe concussion problems. Since then he got married and hopefully he will do well in this upcoming racing season. Right now, I am a very happy camper.
6 comments:
I fear we have gone too far bonkers to ever get completely back to "normal". That guy in the WH the last 8 years sure did a number on us, didn't he?
Judy: Yes, he certainly did. But the worst part is he duped his own people. The Dems want to keep all of them under their thumbs, poor and relying on welfare and such so they are beholden to them and they vote for them. It's a crying shame what that man did. I read he created more poverty in this country than any other president since carter.
The bigger problem is that the rest of us left him get away with it.
My family, does not go back many generations. But they came, to embrace this United States. And to appreciate it. And legally, of course!
And I too, am sick and tired, of those who come here, and will not assimilate!!!!!! If they don't want to speak the language, and love this country, and etc., etc., etc., then go back where they came from!
And come legally!!!!!! Why the hell is that such a hard thing, for people to 'get their heads around'???? Legally!!! Legally!!! Legally!!! Duhhhhhhh them.
Of course you saw my post... And commented on it, thank you. I let myself blow off steam, on that one. Usually, I keep to the Pretty Blogging "Rules" of no controversy. But sometime, I just can't "keep it in."
But then, we all have to pace ourselves. Not let too much News info in, so as not to blow our BP. Well, I do. I'm old. -sigh-
So hard, because I want to KNOW everything that is going ON! -grin-
Thank you so much, for commenting!!!!
Luna Crone
CHEYENNE: "The bigger problem is that the rest of us left him get away with it."
But! What could we little people, do about BO???!!!???? We were powerless!
And afraid! Yes, I was AFRAID of him and his powers.
And scared to death, about everything, about my Beloved Country.
But what could we little people do???
Other than vote in a Republican Congress and President Trump. which has finally happened.
But look at how "the other side," is fighting him, all the way.
And REPUBLICAN representatives are too! Like McCain! %&*()(*&^$### If the Rep. congress doesn't get behind the Rep. President... If they only care about their pet peeves, and pet projects... They will be responsible for the fall of America.
-sigh-
there goes my BP!
The thing that frosts me -- and I do not at all mean this in a disrespectful way to people who enter and stay in our country legally -- is when people say "We are a nation of immigrants." No we are NOT. Eighty-six percent of the people who live in the USA were born here. I looked it up. I am not an immigrant; neither is my husband and neither are our children or grandchildren, and neither were our parents or grandparents. We were all born in the United States of America. Libs want us to believe we're all immigrants, all muslims, all homosexuals. No we are NOT. I'm an American, I'm a Christian, and I'm heterosexual, and it's not my fault I'm WHITE. All we've ever done is work, obey laws, and pay taxes. I'm tired of being accused of conditions and circumstances and realities that have nothing whatsoever to do with me. xoxo
Jenny, I am giving you a standing ovation and a shout out of BRAVO!
You speak for all us President Trump fans. When I read what you wrote it brought tears to my eyes. Thank you so much.
As far as the nation of immigrants goes, I believe they mean everyone who has ever come to the shores of this nation were immigrants. I think they mean we can all trace our ancestors back to someone coming here. Like my 5th great grandfather who came from Germany in 1754. I may be wrong but that is how I take it. They worded what they said wrong and should have maybe said we are a nation of immigrants and everyone can trace back to the first one who stepped foot on American soil.
However, I would not call African-Americans (I hate that phrase) immigrants as most of them trace back to slaves brought here by the Spaniards. They were forced here and had no other choice. No migration there.
Post a Comment