Sunday, July 21, 2019

Stop The Insanity

When earth was created, whether it was by God or some other phenomenon, a whole array of fauna was born with  every living thing having its purpose during its life.  However, what was created man is ever so slowly taking away.

For instance...much of the wildlife in southeastern Pennsylvania is losing their habitat.  Why? 
The nasty answer is developments -- both residential and commercial.  Every time I see empty space with a For Sale sign on it I cringe.  It doesn't take long before mother earth is gouged and the ugly buildings etc. appear.  Prior to that happening, the land was/is a peaceful place for many animals.  Some call it their home, some are just passing through.  Take the whitetail deer for example.  For centuries they have had their own travel paths, never straying from those paths.  Those paths disappear with man moving in and taking over most of that area the animals have called home for so long.  So where do they go since they have been pushed out of their homes?  They are creatures of habit and when you take that away they have no place to go so they reluctantly venture elsewhere.  And soon that is taken away from them as well.  Just keep pushing them out until they no longer exist.

Man keeps insisting on taking their homes away, all in the name of GREED of the mighty dollar.  And what really upsets me is when people move into their precious new home and are "pestered" by wild animals they are the first to get upset and complain.  All I want to say to them is:  Folks, they were here first so where the hell do you expect them to go?  Do you want to kill all of them so you can live happily ever after?  Think again! 

One of these days, and I probably won't live long enough to see it,  there will be more houses than people to fill them and because of that many animals will have become extinct.

How sad. 

(When I was writing this I was thinking about how this parallels with what happened when the white man (yes, I am white) came to this country and pushed the natives to oblivion and almost-extinction.  Apparently they still haven't learned a darn thing.)

2 comments:

Terra said...

I feel like you do when wild lands are built up and critters lose their homes and children a place to explore. Yet, we are the problem, our population is growing, both by birth and by immigration and people need homes, places to shop and work. It is a difficult situation.

Cheyenne said...

Terra -- Sadly I long for days past when things were much more quiet and everybody (for the most part) lived their lives in peace. Places to shop have gotten out of hand with far too many of them sprouting up everywhere. Before we know it they become old or they sit idle with no tenants in them...eyesores. Eventually they get bought, torn down, and up pops something else.