Sunday, July 23, 2006

The Little Grass Hut

The only survivor of a shipwreck was
washed up on a small, uninhabited island.
He prayed feverishly for GOD to rescue
him, and everyday he scanned the horizon
for help, but none seemed forthcoming.

Exhausted, he eventually managed to
build a little hut out of driftwood
to protect himself from the elements
and to store his few possessions.

One day, after scavenging for food, he
arrived home to find his little hut in
flames with smoke rolling up to the sky.
The worst had happened! Everything was lost!
He was stunned with disbelief, grief, and anger.
"GOD, how could you do this to me?" he cried.

Early the next day he was awakened by
the sound of a ship that was approaching
the island. It had come to rescue him.
"How did you know I was here?" asked
the weary man of his rescuers.
"We saw your smoke signal," they replied.

Moral of the story: It's easy to get discouraged when
things are going bad, but we shouldn't lose heart,
because GOD is at work in our lives, even
in the midst of pain, and suffering.

Remember that, the next time your little hut seems
to be burning to the ground. It just may be a smoke
signal that summons the grace of GOD.

6 comments:

Tiredawg said...

Awesome!!! One question, when will my hut stop burning??? LOL Have a gr8 weekend!!!

Cheyenne said...

Well, anything only burns so long before it is nothing but ashes. SO it will stop burning sometime. Just Keep The Faith is all I say, and eventually you will be rescued. It's when you give up that nothing happens. OK?

Jim said...

Cheyenne, did you write that? It's good, but doesn't apply to everyone.
My little hut once filled with 33 inches of water. We walked out a window and went to a neighbors. Until their house got water, then we went further up the hill to another neighbor's.

Jim said...

I'll bet Dale Jr. isn't a happy guy tonight!
..

Cheyenne said...

Jim I wish I could say I wrote that but I didn't.
**********
I'm not too happy myself over what happened today to Dale.

Rachel said...

Excellent!!