Monday, July 31, 2006

This Really Ticks Me Off


What the hell is up with our Pledge of Allegiance?

The possibility of certain judges trying to stop its usage in schools because of the phrase "under God" really yanks my chain.

I don't care who you pray to or who your Supreme Being is, when it comes down to it they are all one and the same. A god is a god, no matter what you call it.

And to the parents of those children who don't want them saying that phrase...it's only two words and NO ONE is forcing them to say any of the Pledge.

We've been reciting that since 1954 when "under God" was added. I would hope that it is still being spoken after I'm gone. I just wish these nay-sayers would get over it and move on with their lives. This country was built on prayers, church, a God etc. and anyone who doesn't like it now, well they can just go back to where they came from. In other words, if you don't like it, leave it. I'm sure you can find another country you can bully with your stupid inane thoughts and ideas. Just leave ours the hell alone.

The Pledge of Allegiance is for school children to honor the American flag. And the "under God," if you want to get picky, can mean any god. Fill in your own blank. And for God's sake isn't there enough bickering going on around the world? Why must we, as a nation, bicker over something so trite, just like schoolchildren?

I just wish they would stop messing with the beliefs that we older folk were raised on in this country.

6 comments:

Jim said...

I like it that way, Cheyenne.
But sometimes I forget to say that part, "One nation, under God," because back in my school days it wasn't like that.
It was added sometime later that I wasn't even aware of for a long while.
..

Tiredawg said...

The beliefs that are installed in our generations head, are becoming ancient histor-E. If you don't like it or don't want to say it, shut your mouth and be "respectfull" of those that do. After-all it IS a free country.

Miki said...

Chyenne, I am with you, say it or don't. It isn't a "GOD" issue, it is an atheist issue, that is who the protesters are. Athiests in California. They feel that the Pledge is a violation of the separation of church and state, and violates the fact that they have the right not to worship the traditional "GOD." I say, just don't say the pledge, you have that right! Their used to be prayer in school, then the district that I went to established moment of silence, after the pledge, that too was deemed "unconstitutional" because it denoted the saying of silent prayers! I stood there with song lyrics running thru my head for the full minute, I don't think of that as praying! So, that is done too, anyhow, the issue is honoring this country, just as you said, PLEEEEEESE! Let traditions alone, let them be, say the Pledge, listen to it, or don't!

B. said...

As a teacher, I am also appalled at this. My class ays the pledge and we say "under God."

BTW, I found you on Rusty's page. :)

Cheyenne said...

All I can say is atheists should NEVER knock on my door. Ever.

Rachel said...

So true Cheyenne! Amen!!