Monday, April 26, 2010

Just Wondering

I feel guilty if I don't post every couple of days. And when I see that it is longer than normal I panic. And when I try to think of something to write about, nothing comes to mind. So I sit here and think...hard. And still nothing comes to mind. I think about the day's activities, or even the previous week's activities. Still nothing. If one does not do much, one cannot write about it, can they? That's my problem. I don't do much.

I was thinking earlier about when I first started this blog back in 2005. I started it because I was angry. And I was angry because I had been let go of what would be the last job I would ever hold. It's no secret that all my life I hated working for other people. But I did because I had to, not because I wanted to. The jobs I held were always office jobs and I did enjoy them to a certain extent. That last job was a doozy. It started out good and then the company moved farther away and all of a sudden the commute became a huge hassle. And that added fuel to the fire. I tolerated it as long as I could.

Then the new manager arrived from another branch in another state. His reputation preceded him causing me to dislike him before he came to where I worked. I didn't even give him the time of day...ignored him as much as I could. I guess after awhile he got the message and decided he didn't like me either because within a few months of his arrival, I was on the way out.

But that's not what I wanted to write about. When I was thinking back to the birth of this blog and why it came to be, I remember having a lot of other blogs I would visit on a daily basis. So many of them are gone now...they stopped writing for one reason or another. And the few that I read now don't post as much as they used to either. There are a few that post every day and I wish I were one of them.

So I guess my question is this: what happened between 2005 and now to cause people to either quit their blog or hardly write at all. Are blogs becoming a thing of the past, or is it just my imagination?

2 comments:

Peruby said...

I don't think it is your imagination. I think facebook has taken a lot of "would-be" blogger time from some people.

Cheyenne said...

Peruby ~ you are probably right. But Facebook is bits and pieces of thoughts, sometimes inane ones at that. It doesn't allow one to put their full thoughts in writing. I like writing and reading about meaty things.