I guess that could be my middle name. Among other things. Sometimes being a procrastinator is a good thing. Mostly, it's not. I have procrastinated so much over my lifetime that it has become a habit I cannot kick. I'm not so sure I want to anyway.
Here's the latest: I bought a laptop back in the beginning of February. I have since gotten a wireless router. I didn't know I needed one of those when I bought the laptop. Duh. Will you believe me when I tell you I still haven't connected everything?
I tried again today. No luck. I get everything hooked up and still can't connect to the Internet. That's twice now. When nothing works the way I think it should, I take my toys and leave. That's the pigheaded stubbornness in me. My German side. I have many sides. But I think that is my worst side. My Scottish, Welsh and English sides are so much nicer. My opinion, and that's all that's needed. And I have since learned that one of my ancestors came all the way from Barbados back in the 1600's, so that would give me a little touch of French, oui?
I have one option to this wireless stuff. A friend said he will come here and do it for me. Trouble is he's in a chair and would not be able to come through this door to get at the computer. So he will hook me up while in his van in our driveway. He says he can do it and I believe him. I have DSL and it has something to do with my Pppoe so I am told. Like I said to my husband, why does everything I try to do come with so many complications?
***********************************************
After a cold and windy week we are finally getting some summer weather. I turned the heat down weeks ago when we had that last heat wave and have been freezing my butt off since. But my husband hasn't complained and neither have the cats. And the last couple days that old turbine has been spinning to it's heart's content. Lots of electricity being generated there. Once we get everything paid and up to date (we were on a budget amount and have asked to be taken off of it), we will be able to tell just how much money the turbine is saving us. That should be in another two months.
***********************************************
And, yes, one of these days I will get around to uploading the photos from my new camera. I keep snapping away and haven't uploaded a single photo to the computer. I was hoping to have the wireless stuff hooked up before I empty out the camera. And you know why that hasn't been done. Yup, one of these days...one of my favorite sayings.
3 comments:
My favorite is "a round tuit" or get around to it. I say I never get a round tuit, I always get a square one.
Good luck on the wireless. I have never worked with DSL. I'm not even sure I know what pppoe is.
Oh, okay. I looked it up. Point-to-point over ethernet.
If I didn't look at my German relatives who are even more German than I, I would swear that after reading this Germans procrastinate. I am terrible about it!!
I am really interested in following your savings with that turbine.
My German anscestors didn't procrastinate but I sure do!
I hooked my wireless router up with the help of Office Depot where I got it. They have a hot line. Or it might have been Link Systems who had it. It was a snap with those kids helping me.
I only complained once when Mrs. Jim took away the electric blanket about a month ago. Even when I didn't need it it felt good to have warm sheets to crawl into. :)
..
Post a Comment