Gee, I only had three visitors to my blog on Saturday. Guess I'd better write more often. But when nothing much is happening, nothing much comes out of my fingers.
So I will tell you all about my day. After I got up this morning and fed the inside cats, I went outside and fed the colony of cats we have on our property.
My husband is looking for a running board for our 2006 King Ranch Ford F-150 pickup truck. So off to the truck junk yard we went. They thought they had one on the premises but couldn't find it. It's a huge yard. So they told us they would look for it and call when they find it. Gee, I hope they don't get lost. They said they have around 30 cats running around in the yard and they keep the mice population down.
When we were done there it didn't seem right to go home. So we drove from one end of the county to the other, or so it seemed. We have a store called Ollie's and it is full of hundreds of items. They get their merchandise from stores going out of business, overstock, and things like that. I love poking around because new merchandise arrives constantly and you never know what you'll find. I found $110.00 worth of stuff today and used the 15% discount card I got through the mail.
When we were done there we were a tad hungry after doing that heavy duty shopping so we went up the street to one of our favorite diners for a bite to eat. We used to buy coffee in that diner along with our meals but it now costs $1.59 a cup, and I am sorry but that is just too much for coffee. So we always have water with a lemon. And I will not pay $1.70 for coffee at Dunkin' Donuts either. That is just pure highway robbery. I don't mind paying $1.29 for coffee, but anything higher than that is ridiculous.
When we were finished at the diner it was time to come home. We took the back roads driving slower than usual looking for deer. We saw four sightings for a total of seven deer. Two of them were big bucks. I had my smaller camera with me so I couldn't pull them in as close as I would have liked. When we finally arrived home we were just in time to feed the cats outside again.
I watched the NASCAR Nationwide race and once again was very disappointed as to who the winner was. That is so depressing when he wins all the time. Whether it's in the truck races, the Nationwide races, or the Sprint Cup races. I'm not going to mention his name because I am sparing myself from that. Ugh.
I watched Johnny Depp in Alice In Wonderland and fell asleep a few times. I didn't get to see Alice fight the jabberwocky. For those of you who have seen that scene, I ask: did I miss anything? Didn't think so. I'm glad the movie was free because I would have wasted money had I paid to see it.
And that, my friends, is a day in the life of...ME!
2 comments:
Oh, Ollie's sounds really wonderful! I guess I am in my shopping frenzy right now. Any shopping really gets to me!
Sounds like you really had a good day. That's great.
I'm with you on paying for coffee. I drink water at all the restaurants, now. Drinks prices are ridiculous!
Post a Comment