
One day into the time change and already I am hating it. Why can't we have daylight saving time all year round? It makes no sense to change over now. Who is it benefiting?
Enough of that, there's nothing I can do about it anyway. I watched the Cup race today. Well, I semi-watched it. That means the TV was on but I didn't pay 100% attention to it. With Dale Jr. running so poorly my spirit just isn't focused on the races. Thank goodness there are only two races left.
While the race was on, I listened to the Giants-Seahawks game on my headset. The Giants won 41-7. Thank God they are doing well this season. I just checked to see how the Cowboys did against the Green Bay Packers. They lost 45-7. I'm not a Cowboys fan but I do like to see how certain teams are faring, especially those that are bottom dwellers. The 'boys have only won one game this season and with their quarterback, Tony Romo, out for probably the rest of the season, they won't do much better.
Saturday I watched the Penn State football game. I try to watch those when they are televised. When I was in high school, I was a member of the band. Our marching band visited the Penn State campus. We played at half time and also saw the game, but a lot of us got food poisoning, ended up in the infirmary, and missed almost half the game. I was one of those unfortunate souls. I have also taken some law courses at the local extension site. So I am partial to that team. Saturday's game was Joe Pasterno's 400th win with Penn State. That's quite an accomplishment.
Oh yeah...about that picture up there. I am so ready for Spring. I can almost smell those lilacs. It can't come soon enough for me. I hate winter, the snow and sleet and cold and everything else that comes along with it. Sometimes I wish I could just hibernate. Go to sleep around this time of the year and wake up to the rebirth we know as Spring. Five long months of dreary weather depresses me. Am I the only one that feels this way?
2 comments:
Nope not at all. I am dreading it, too. Hate it, hate it! Sigh.
I love the picture. I do so wish we could grow lilacs here. But then - a trade off of no lilacs and no snow or vice versa - I will take no lilacs!!
I know you must hate all that mess.
Post a Comment