Nothing much has happened since I last posted. I don't know if that's good or bad.
We had a little snow since then but most of it is already gone. I heard on the news that another storm is heading our way tonight.
Here's a little tidbit you might like to know: my husband had a knee replacement back in 2005. They didn't want to do it at first saying he was too young. But the wear and tear on his knees from jumping out of trucks most of his life took its toll. I kept telling him that is why they made steps but you know how that is.
Three years later he needed another total replacement as the original had worked its way loose somehow causing much pain. He went to a different surgeon to get that done. Well here we are another three years and now the bottom part of the second replacement has to be replaced. He won't be having a total replacement, just a revision of the tibular part. And I don't have to tell you that I am just a tad sick and tired of it.
Because it is just a revision of one part, his surgeon said the operation will take longer. And so will the rehab. I am not looking forward to this at all. His surgery date is in May. I really don't think his loose tibular part will last that long. Yesterday after we came home from shopping it went one way and his leg went the other. He caught himself in time so no major damage was done, but it sure did put a hurtin' on him.
And on a different subject, I haven't seen any new kittens yet but that doesn't mean there aren't any around. Once this cold weather and the snow goes away and the grass starts to green up with the sun warming everything, I am sure the mothers will bring their little ones around to show us. I just hope we don't have a bumper crop like last year.
And the last subject is near and dear to my heart: NASCAR. We are headed to Phoenix this weekend. The last couple years they would go to California after Daytona but the schedule has been changed. Things are looking up for Dale Jr. this year mainly due to his new crew chief. Finally a crew chief that understands him and wants to give him what he wants: to be competitive and win some races. I'll drink to that! Coffee, that is.
9 comments:
I do not like to hear about your husband's history with knee replacements. The one I had done last May is really hurting. The first one from January '10 couldn't be better.
Hope the winter breaks for you soon.
Jr seems to do well at PIR too so maybe the change in the NASCAR sched will be a good momentum booster for Jr too.
Have fun in Phoenix; it's the closest race to us; most likely one we would be mostly to hit ourselves.
I wish your hubby well with the knee. My wife has had one done so far. Not enough range of movement to suit her. Trips going up stairs.
Have fun in Phoenix. I envy your trip.
Grandma K ~ It's the darn cement they use. Maybe they should try SuperGlue.
4ever3 ~ I certainly hope he does better this year.
Glad to see you're still reading my blog. Thanks.
Sherri & Cliff ~ You misunderstood...I'm not going to Phoenix in body, just in spirit. PA to AZ is quite some distance and I'm not in a hurry to go that far these days.
Oh, I thought you were going to Phoenix, too.
Sorry to hear about your husband's knee. I have been told I should have a replacement, too, but I am allergic to so many metals and some plastics... so, I guess I will just keep on stumbling along until it won't go any further.
I wish him (and you) well. Life's a bummer when things hurt.
Thanks for stopping by.
Hello,
My name is Ashley and I blog at Embracing Beauty.com. I recently did a review for a Bed & Breakfast in Tenn. and they are currently offering a discounted rate for NASCAR fans for the Bristol race (March 18th-20th). I thought this might be something you would like to share with your readers. All the details can be found here (http://embracingbeauty.com/2011/02/28/my-mini-vacation-review-and-discounts-for-nascar-fans/) but if you have any questions feel free to contact me.
I'm sorry to post this on here but I couldn't find your email address.
Thank you for your consideration,
Ashley
Post a Comment