This is the pile of snow I ended up with when I shoveled all around the greenhouse we have for the outside cats. The greenhouse is behind me in this photo. Some of the cats are peeking out from under the deck.
I am very opinionated and will argue a point to the nth degree. I tend to want to get to the bottom of things, so I push the envelope beyond what is expected.
Thursday, March 03, 2011
It's All Gone...For Now
Here are some photos I forgot I had taken to explain what needs to be done with our deck. I need to take it back so I can use it for what it was built for: us, not the cats.
This is the pile of snow I ended up with when I shoveled all around the greenhouse we have for the outside cats. The greenhouse is behind me in this photo. Some of the cats are peeking out from under the deck.
Here you can see three of the cats. They love to go under the deck, especially when I walk around the corner of the house to feed them. That's their escape route. Some of them run to the back of the property to our garage/barn that you can see beyond the little shed on the right.
This is how it has been for the past few years. We get gale-force winds at times and all the resin chairs just blow across the entire deck. I got tired of setting them upright all the time. The cats play on them and sleep under them at times. The pole in the back is our wind turbine. The swing and cushions are in the basement but the swing holder is still there.
I am hoping to get the deck power washed and then painted sometime this spring. Husband is scheduled to get his knee worked on (again) in mid-May and I would like him to do the deck before that happens. If not, who knows when it will get done. I guess I have to start nagging again because I don't want to go through another summer without the use of the deck. It's just not right to have something like that and not be able to use it for what it was intended. Right?
This is the pile of snow I ended up with when I shoveled all around the greenhouse we have for the outside cats. The greenhouse is behind me in this photo. Some of the cats are peeking out from under the deck.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It's nice to see that snow - and know I don't have to be any part of it!
I'm sure you will get it in shape soon. Is it too early to hope for no more snow for you?
Grandma K ~ Yes it is too early. Some of our worst snowstorms have come in mid-March. And not inches, but feet. The nice thing about it is the snow on the ground doesn't last as long and April is just a few weeks away from any mid- to late-March storms. Ah sweet Spring.
Post a Comment