By that, I mean Dale Jr. almost won the race. Last week he was leading and on the fourth turn just before the finish line he ran out of gas but was able to finish seventh. And this Sunday he was in second place just hoping what they were saying about the leader was true: that he would run out of gas and Junior would win the race. Didn't happen, folks. And so we wait another week. Next Sunday the race will be north of me at Pocono Raceway. I've been there a few times and two years ago I was lucky to see Dale Jr.
Now for the weather: more heat and humidity is on the way. We have air conditioning, but for some reason when it gets so dang hot outside it just seems more unbearable inside. Husband hasn't installed the new air conditioner in my computer room yet and I have been using a personal fan. It works fine on most days but when we get high humidity the poor little thing just doesn't cut it.
I will miss much of the Casey Anthony trial today because husband is having his annual stress test along with two other tests. We will be at the cardiologist's facility for almost four hours. I have my goody bag packed and ready to go. My current book and the newspaper will keep me occupied also. The best part will be when he is done and we go somewhere to eat dinner.
This is also husband's last week of physical therapy for his knee and then he sees his knee surgeon again next Monday. With all these appointments we will be out and about every day. I am getting too old for this.
The cats that had kittens finally took them elsewhere so they can teach them how to hunt and fear humans. One mother decided she would rather stay close to home so her three kittens are still up here by the house. She lets me pick them up without a fuss but I don't know how long that will last till she too decides to take them away. I've had a rough couple of weeks since most of them were born but things are a whole lot different now that I no longer have to worry about them 24/7. Finally.
4 comments:
I am surprised that the dr. office waiting room does not have a TV and the trial would still be on to watch.
Best wishes to husband for healing quickly.
Four hours in a waiting room! Yikes. Glad you have a bag of things to do. If they don't have a tv, maybe you can guilt them into getting one. Most big offices I go to now have them. Aren't we getting spoiled? lol
Sorry your kittens are going off. Maybe the one mama cat will leave hers there, especially if she likes being fed regularly.
Peruby ~ They have a TV but the channel button is off and when The View came on and I was the only one in the room I turned the TV off. Hate that show!
Marti ~ Well, it turned out to be a little over 5 hours. Like I told Peruby, TV was on and I turned it off (The View came on, yuck!)
The kittens will be back after they learn what is needed by the moms. It's jsut that they have taken up residence at a quieter location on our property. They come back twice a day to eat, big ones and little ones.
Post a Comment