My Fridays are usually spent watching racing on TV. They have a few practice sessions and then there is qualifying, things of that nature. But yesterday was a tad different. My husband had an appointment to see his knee surgeon. It is almost three months since his operation. I am glad to report that things are looking good despite his almost constant pain. Doc just told him to take his pain meds. Not the addicting ones, thank you.
After we left the doctor we went to McDonald's across the street from Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom. As we ate our lunch we watched the different rides which included the roller coaster. I miss going on those rides but since my husband doesn't like them, we don't go on them.
A lot of times when we visit McDonald's we get the soft-serve ice cream cone for a buck. It's a nice sized cone for that price, you can't go wrong. But today my husband had something else on his mind: going to a local mom and pop type store in search of Hershey's Ice Cream, not associated with Hershey Park. He called a lot of places Thursday to ask if they sell Hershey's and found two close to us. There was a time you could get that brand in most of the larger grocery stores in our area but those days are over. Now the few stores that sell it are far and few between and the products are in freezers with sliding doors on top. There is a distribution center in our area so we may try to visit that and see if we can purchase from them directly.
We each got a cup of ice cream, his had chocolate and marshmallow and mine had vanilla and caramel, but they were really frozen solid so we ate them when we got home. Delicious. I cannot remember when I last ate Hershey's Ice Cream.
I was able to watch qualifying for Sunday's race. Another disappointing qualifying run for Dale Jr. He is as bad as his father was when it comes to qualifying. But at least his father went on to win a lot of races. I am beginning to think Dale Jr. won't be winning any races anymore, and it is very frustrating. All his fans (Junior Nation) are wishing him the best for Sunday's race at Loudon, NH.
Before I sign off, I want to wish my best friend a very happy birthday. She knows who she is.
2 comments:
Mmmm. This made me want some Hershey's ice cream. I did not know it was separate from the chocolate company. I have submitted a store locator to their site and they are going to email me my nearest locations. Yum!
When you find it, enjoy that ice cream. It is the best.
Post a Comment