Go ahead, blow it up and check it out.
This photo is in a current upscale catalog I received in the mail. My husband looked through the catalog first and when he got to this page he showed it to me. When I first glanced at it (not knowing what catalog it was), my first thought was that there were errors to be found, such as my title for this post.
When I realized what it actually was, I could not believe what I was seeing. Because up until then, I was picking out all the errors. Seriously, since when do men wear polos over dress shirts and then put on a suit jacket that is clearly way too small? Those shoes he's wearing don't exactly match the look either. Well considering what he threw together up top, maybe they do.
OK, I know that in certain parts of the country men do not wear socks but I have yet to see it being done while sporting a suit and white shoes. My first thought when I looked at that guy on the left was PeeWee Herman was in town for the shoot.
Anything else you folks can find wrong with the picture will be appreciated by me. Just leave it in the comments and it goes directly to my email.

5 comments:
I noticed that quickly. And it looks rather hairy, too. Gauche.
Didn't Don Johnson do the no socks thing in the 80's - but with a loafer? Certainly not white bucks.
Was the rest of the catalog okay?
Peruby ~ Yes, the remainder of the catalog was perfectly fine with no fashion faux pas.
I noticed the too-small suit right off. The pants are too short but that jacket is just way to tight over two shirts.
What catalog is that?
Nice eye, Cheyenne. I have a polo shirt like that one. Mrs. Jim makes me wear a T-shirt under it. I might show her this one as it looks better with a button-up shirt than the t-shirt.
We both, your model and I, leave the bottom button unbuttoned. With the jacket off it is common at the site (below) to roll the shirt sleeves up to the edge of the polo or other type outer coverr.
I went over to the Polo site. They have a Q&A site with a lot of men's fashions pictured. Quite a few wear a collared shirt under a polo or for a more formal look, a 'slim cashmere cardigan' can dress up most atire, even denim jeans.
..
Jim ~ That type "fashion" is just not kosher in this part of America where I live.
I just can't see anyone wearing a polo over a dress shirt; it just does not make sense.
I am still waiting for an answer to the email I sent Lands End about the entire page.
Post a Comment