Saturday, January 28, 2012

The Purse From Hell

A few years ago I purchased a purse that eventually showed me that it was possessed by demons.  When I purse shop, I look for just the right one.  It has to have at least two compartments inside to keep certain things separate from one another.  It also has to have a few little zippered compartments here and there on the outside for other smaller things. 

On that particular day when I walked into that store I had hoped I would find what I was looking for because up until then I was having no luck at all.  Eventually I found what I thought then was the right one.  Little did I know what it had in store for me.

Months later, after I had everything in its correct place inside and outside of that precious purse, my husband and I went to a local Drunken Donuts shop to have a cup of coffee and a donut.  I sat in a seat with my back to the window.  After we felt we spent enough time there, we left to do some shopping. 

It was about maybe 15-20 minutes later as we are driving down the road that I realized I did not have my purse with me.  When I mentioned it to my husband, he almost went into convulsions.  I keep a lot of stuff in my purse that I shouldn't and he knew it.  He did the fastest U-ey I had ever been a part of and we were back at that donut shop lickety-split. 

Unbelievably, my purse was right where I had left it.  I grabbed it up like a long lost relative.  And I didn't care what the man sitting nearby thought, other than he probably wished he had found it first.  I mumbled something about it being mine and out the door I went.

Fast forward a few weeks when my husband and I had to go to the post office to make copies of something.  Since there are no tables or shelves in there, I had to place my purse on the floor.  Yes, you guessed it...I left it behind.  Almost half an hour later we were back at the post office where that damn little black heathen still sat on the floor alongside the copy machine.  And it looked like it was laughing at me.

After getting a good talking to by my husband, I finally decided I had had enough.  I was not going to ever leave that purse behind.  So I bought another one and banished the original one to never see the light of day again.  Not in my possession anyway.  I still have it.  I need to be reminded of what an idiot I am at times.  I had never left a purse behind prior to those two incidents, and I have yet to do it since.

It has to be the purse.  The fact that I bought it at Wally-World might have a lot to do with it. 

Last year I splurged and finally bought a genuine leather purse; I have always wanted one but never wanted to pay the price.  So far this one has behaved.  I think it knows better. 

5 comments:

Peruby said...

My purse from hell is the one that hides my stuff from me. I swear! I will look and look for something, give up - only to find it later inside the purse. I'm like - WTH?!

Cheyenne said...

Peruby ~ I know what you mean. I blame it on the ones that took it out and put it back again. I know the cats didn't do it.

Rachel said...

I like a purse like you describe with lots of compartments and places for all my "stuff." You are lucky that it was found safe after two times of being left!

Cheyenne said...

Rachel ~ I was very, very grateful to have found it where I left it both times. You can't imagine what went through our minds prior to getting it back.

Jim said...

Mrs. Jim has one with compartments also. Lots of them. She looked and looked for one she liked and then the store (Macy's) didn't have the color she wanted.

About a week later we found it in another (of the ten Macy's here in Houston). Before she found it I was carrying around one that 'might do' if she didn't find the one she had liked.

When she found the one she decided she liked the one I was carrying better but wouldn't pay the $11.00 more in price.

Then I found one just like it in a rack of 40% off. The one I was carrying was 30%. At first the clerk said it was wrong with 40% but then relented and sold it to us for 40% which made it almost the price of the one she had liked before at 30% off.

Are women and purses funny?
..