Saturday, February 04, 2012

Here We Go Again

There is nothing like having a sick husband in the house.  It would be nice if I knew why he is sick.  It's not a cold or flu or anything like that.  It started with an upset stomach in the wee early hours of Friday morning. 

By the time I awoke and was up and about, his problem was full blown.  He spent most of the day in bed.  The few times he was out of bed he spent in the bathroom.

He thinks it was tainted food again.  I just don't get it.  All those years driving truck and being on the road eating greasy food up and down the East Coast and nothing ever happened.   Now it seems he gets this way every couple of months.

I do believe his immune system has been compromised.  I think all that crappy food is catching up with him now.  I have no other explanation.  I am making sure he gets his electrolytes just to be on the safe side. 

Other than his being sick, nothing else has changed.  I am waiting for the Super Bowl as I imagine thousands of other people are doing the same.  Whatever the outcome I think I will be OK.  Sure, I would love for the Giants to win it but if they don't I will take it in stride.  I think.  I'm really not sure.  I won't know till the game is over or maybe sooner depending on the score.  I might let you folks know but then again I might not.

We had a few days of nice warm weather for this time of the year but the cold weather came back again.  And that stupid groundhog saw his shadow so they say we will have six more weeks of winter.  I think they're all nuts.  Groundhogs can't predict weather.  Heck, a lot of meteorologists have trouble predicting weather.

In two weeks on the 18th of this month the first NASCAR race of the season will take place:  the Budweiser Shootout.  I am so ready for racing this year.  Last year not so much.  But I have great hopes for Dale Jr. to do well in 2012.  I just have that feeling.   Fingers crossed. 

1 comment:

Cliff said...

I hope your husband gets to feeling better soon and that it's not something more seious. Best wishes.
I don't know who to root for in the Super Bowl but we'll be watching.