Monday, April 23, 2012

Short And Sweet

Nothing happening over the past couple days but we did celebrate our 22nd anniversary by going out to eat Saturday evening.  We have been doing that every year and it's nice to have that to look forward to; however, with each passing year it seems as if the anniversaries are getting closer and closer.

We are in the midst of nothing but rain and more rain and it is causing dampness in the house and in my bones.  Had to turn one of the infrared heaters back on which is something I had hoped would not be needed till it gets cold again.  The one good thing about this rain, other than we needed it, is that I don't have to water the hostas we just transplanted.  Once we moved them, the outside cats thought we made them a new bathroom, so we had to put rocks amongst the plants.  Darn cats.

On Sunday, Dale Jr. started the race in 7th and finished in 7th.  He was running up front for the entire race and was in 3rd for awhile.  Martin Truex Jr. led most of the race but was swept aside by Denny Hamlin who went on to win with only a few laps left.  That did not make me happy at all.  The race was at the Kansas track and it was boring.  I look forward to each race with such enthusiasm but once it gets started and nothing happens, such as cars passing other cars, I get bored and take naps.  Hopefully this weekend's race at Richmond on Saturday night will keep me awake.

And that's all I have going right now.  Boring, boring, boring...

No comments: