Easter was always a big deal when my parents were still around. We used to spend the entire day with them. I would buy Mom a different flower every year and I would also get them an Easter card. Good times.
My brother and his wife and family as well as my sister and her family (she divorced and never remarried) would gather at the dining room table and we would have a magnificent feast. Of course, those days are long gone. Both my parents have been gone now for over eight years. My sister has since moved to California and my brother forgot he has a sister living here in the same state.
My daughter will be coming to visit the day before Easter. She has not seen our trike yet and she is also anxious to visit with our cats...especially the kitten, Eli.
What's left? My husband and four cats...and we will be celebrating Easter in our own little way just like we have been doing for the past years. I always loved Easter. It's a wonderful reawakening of the spirit and I especially love that it arrives in the Spring (my favorite season of all). It is also the reason why our wedding anniversary is in April.
This year it will be my husband and myself on Easter Day, and at first I was only going to make some ham slices and a few trimmings. We went to the grocery store today and there were these brown sugar hams that were so tempting we just couldn't pass them up at $1.49 a pound. And once again I will be making a ham for Easter. I can smell it already.
At this time, I would like to extend to all my readers my wish for a Happy Easter...and don't eat too much candy.

1 comment:
Thank you for your wish. I wish you a great Easter day. I am sorry your brother is the way he is - one day he will regret it.
I'm glad your daughter will be there at least some time!
Post a Comment