I have been hard pressed as to what to write on my blog. It is getting quite serious because my ideas are nil. And the harder I think about it nothing jumps out at me.
Today is our grocery shopping day. After we finished that we stopped at a scratch off lottery ticket machine and purchased some tickets. I chose a $2 ticket, and my husband chose three $1 tickets. I have not been that lucky with this type of lottery (or any lottery for that matter), and because of that I don't get excited when I do buy one. In this case, my husband bought it for me.
I did win in a second chance drawing years ago. That was a jackpot of Elvis Presley items like a denim jacket with his name on, a large framed black and white photo of him with Betty Boop in color inserted with him in the photo, a watch, playing cards, four movies, and things I can't remember anymore.
I think the highest I ever won on a scratch off was $20. Well, I beat that today. I won $100. My husband thought I was fibbing when I told him and he made me give him the ticket so he could check to see if I was right. Of course I was right...I'm always right. When will they ever learn?
We cashed that baby in and came home. The phone rang. It was our local newspaper telling me I won two tickets to see a local country-western band (Crazy Hearts) at the Lehigh Valley Zoo this Saturday. Food vouchers are also included with the tickets.
Since the day is not over, I am wondering what else will come along since they say things happen in three's. I am not going to worry about it and push my luck. I am happy with what I already got out of the day.


4 comments:
Holy cow! It WAS your luck day. Congrats!
Wow!!! Really your luck started Sunday with Jr's race! How did you spend your money. Surely not on the cat (pretty cat in picture). LOL
..
Peruby ~ Thanks!
Jim ~ I don't spend that money, I put it away with all my other paltry winnings.
Post a Comment