Saturday, August 25, 2012

Disappointed

Yes, I am a little disappointed that no one chose to comment on the video in my previous post.

It is what I have been preaching all along.  This country was born out of Christianity.  I don't care how many other religions there are or how many of those infiltrate this country, the fact of the matter is, I do not like when someone comes to these hallowed shores and wants to take our freedoms away from us.  And I mean those of us who were not only born here but have ancestors that came to this country a long time ago.

My great, great, great, great, great grandfather came to this country circa 1750.  I am directly related to him on my father's side.  He came from Germany and had ten children.  To this day I can safely say that I practice the same religion he brought with him to America.

I get very angry when so many people want to change things in this country.  There is a thing called being politically correct.  I am so sick and tired of hearing that phrase not to mention the fact that it is worn out and useless.  All I want is for the people of this country who can boast a background like me to get off their broad behinds and do something instead of talking about it.

Wake up and smell the coffee for heavens' sake.  Stop buckling under to bullies.  

Case in point:  we have a neighbor who moved near our property many years ago.  He moved here from New York.  He brought with him certain ideas that he was going to change things in the neighborhood.  He caused quite a ruckus between us and our township leaders.  I am of the old adage that, we were here first.  How dare he come into our neighborhood and stir things up against us?  And that is exactly what people who come to this country from another country do...not all of them, mind you, just a certain few.  Well, maybe more than a few.  It just irritates me and I don't understand one thing.  If things weren't so great from where they came, why do they come here and try to make things the same way they were where they came from?

I am climbing down off my soapbox now.  But I hope I gave you something to think about.

No comments: