Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Still Nothing Of Value To Write About

We have gone through the Spring Equinox (first day of Spring) and we have gone through Easter and the entire Holy week, and we are still experiencing stupid winter weather.  It dips below freezing at night and doesn't get much warmer during the day.  To say I am fed up with this weather is  putting it mildly.  And I would like some mild weather.  Soon.

One of our outside cats had her babies overnight in the greenhouse.  When I went out to feed this morning, she was in the back corner on the straw with four little ones, all identical, nestled to her belly.  And so it begins...we have other pregnant ones that will soon follow suit, but they will probably have their kittens at other locations on our property.

While reading my morning newspaper I try to keep an eye out for something interesting to write about.  But by the time I am finished with the paper, my mind is so convoluted with all the stories that they become one and I don't know where to start.

I certainly don't want to get into a heavy subject here but, believe me, I wish I could.  I climb onto my soapbox just about every day.  Too bad that the only ones to hear me are my poor husband and my four fur babies and they just sit there on their haunches, heads cocked, trying to figure out what it is I'm saying and why I am so angry.

It feels good being on that soapbox but it would feel so much better if someone who cares would listen to me.  Alas and alack there is no one.  Sometimes my husband will utter something or we will get into a heated argument over something, but that is as far as it goes.  So I go on my merry way daily bitching about one thing or another.  Sometimes it feels good just to say some things out loud.

6 comments:

MarkD60 said...

I posted today about nothing to post about. I need to write down ideas when I think of them during the day. I always have great ideas and think "I'll never forget that!" Then blogtime equals blank mind...

Peruby said...

Hey...just thinking back. How did the windmill work out for you? Do you think you have saved money, or has enough time gone by to determine that?

Cheyenne said...

MarkD60 ~ I get my greatest ideas before getting out of bed in the morning. Guess I should keep pen and paper at my bedside and jot them down.

Cheyenne said...

Peruby ~ The turbine (windmill) is working out as well as can be expected. As long is there is a lot of wind (we are out in the open so no problem there) it turns and when it is turning it is also cutting down on the kilowatts of electricity we are using. So, yes, it is helping.

Grandma K said...

Congratulations on the new kitties!

Our weather is crazy too. It should be nice and warm (HOT - after all we are Southeast Texas where spring lasts a day). I anxiously awaiting the pool warming, and we have another cold front coming with lows in the 40's (I know - not terrible for a lot of the country), and that will keep the water cold for a lot longer!!

I sound so stupid! But I am looking for the pool to increase my exercise! The arthritis is getting really bad,

Marti said...

I think of my best ideas when I am out working in the yard or driving down the road, and by the time I get home I have either completely forgotten them or am too busy with something else.

I tend to climb on my soapbox here too and Hubby could care less, except to say I'm too negative. Thus we have started the positive program around here, and I try to save my rants for the blog - if I can remember.