A lot of people don't like summer and the heat it brings with it. I, on the other hand, welcome summer with open arms. I hate winter, I hate the cold air, I hate the ice, I hate the dampness, and I hate the snow the day after. One thing I do like and appreciate is newly fallen snow, especially as it is falling. There is just something magical about that time, so I can't complain about it.
But the next day when things start getting ugly, then it makes me yearn for the warm days of spring and summer. Actually, we did not get to experience spring this year. But that's okay...God willing, I will be around for it next year.
My days are fairly routine. We keep Mondays and Tuesdays open for appointments and if there aren't any, those days become lazy days for us. We do what we want inside or outside and just enjoy the day for what it is.
Wednesdays we do our grocery shopping. These days a person has to visit at least two stores. In our case, what one store doesn't have, the other one does. I am careful on the amount I spend at both stores so it is never out of control.
Thursdays my husband usually goes to an auction. He loves his auctions and getting together with a lot of his friends. It is his day away from working around the house and also away from me. And it also gives me a day of peace and quiet to get things done I ordinarily can't do when he's around.
Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays are filled with nothing but racing on TV, but I don't sit and watch it non-stop. Sometimes there isn't much coverage on a Friday so we take advantage of that and go shopping just to get out of the house for awhile.
And all that brings me to why I don't blog like I wish I could. I just do not have enough material to blog. If I post once a week I call it a good week. Sometimes I get an idea and I formulate in my mind what I want to say and it sounds so brilliant. But when I actually sit down and want to type what I was thinking, I draw a blank. And there went another good post. Poof! Up in the air. I try, believe me, I try. It just doesn't happen. The reason for this post is because I love to type. I always did and I will till the day I die provided my fingers work that long.
And now it is time to go gather my coupons for tomorrow's shopping spree. Whee!
6 comments:
Maybe stories from your past? Any "Mis"adventures in there? :)
You're like me, I like it hot. When it's hot, I can always get cool, but when I'm cold, I can never get warm.
I'm the opposite--I like cool weather. When I'm cold, I can always put on more clothes to get warm. But--when it is hot and humid--that is only so many clothes I can take off and stay within the law, LOL.
When you get an idea for a post--grab a pencil and jot some of it down--then it will come back later when you are ready to type.
Or as Peruby said, write about your memories growing up--about your parents, grandparents--funny things that happened.
I try and post everyday and my life is so boring--sometimes it is a difficult thing to come up with ANYTHING interesting!!!
I thought I was the only one who suffered blank mind when I sit down to blog!! I have ideas that vanish!
I think liking weather or not depends upon where you live. I know that when spring comes, the extremely hot and humid days that stretch for so long are just around the corner. They are miserable. We did have a great spring this year - very unusual. But the heat it coming now.
I don't think I would like the long, messy snowey days, but we occasionally get them and we usually like them!
I often think about posts when I'm driving around. I think blogging is a bit like having 'pen pals' - what's normal and routine to one person can be interestingly different to someone else. I really enjoy your posts. Jx
When I grew up, we had a lot of snow and I remember loving it. But I didn't love it so much when I had to thaw out the lock just to be able to get my key in the car door, or when the car wouldn't start, or got stuck in the driveway.
Now that I've been away from the snow for so many years, I really miss it, but I'd hate to have to drive to work in it every day. It's only good for an occasional day when I can sit at the window and watch it come down.
I know what you mean about posting. Sometimes I have a great idea of something I want to say but by the time I get home, I've completely forgotten it.
Post a Comment