Friday, June 07, 2013

This Just In...

Before I get started telling you all about my recent vacuum cleaner purchase, I would like to address the fact that we are in the midst of Tropical Storm Andrea.  Of all the weekends to visit us, when NASCAR is at the Pocono track, just north of us, for the race on Sunday.  Cup practice and qualifying have already been canceled.  Thanks, Andrea.  Oh well, the truck race is tonight and being run in Texas, the Nationwide race is Saturday night being run in Iowa as well as the IRL open wheel race being run in Texas during the same time span.  I will be switching back and forth as usual.

So let's get on with this review.  After many agonizing days, and I mean many days/weeks, I finally made my choice as to which vacuum cleaner I was going to purchase.  I had it narrowed down to around three choices.  One of them, made in Germany, was just too darn expensive, but it would have been my first choice if that wasn't an issue.

So I wavered back and forth between the two choices that were left.  I watch a certain shopping channel and it just so happened that they had one of my choices as their special value of the day.  Sometimes those items sell out early but I decided to sit on my decision until I was really sure it was what I wanted.  I exhausted every avenue available to me by reading lots of reviews on both vacuums until I was so exhausted I decided to get the special value and be done with it.
Hey folks, it's purple!  My favorite color.  But that's not the reason I chose this particular vacuum cleaner.  I have 4 cats and carpeting throughout the house, so therefore I need a lot of suction all the time.  And this seemed to be the one that would give me that.

When it first arrived and after I put it together, I tried it out and was quite happy with what I was seeing and how it handled.  I didn't want something that was heavy or hard to maneuver and it only weighs about 14 pounds.  A week went by and yesterday I finally decided to really put it to the test.

It has lived up to my standards.  It has drawn things out of the carpeting (cat hair) that my other cleaner left behind time after time.  It does not throw dust or allergens back into the air, but contains all that in the bag less bin.  Which, by the way, is so easy to use.  My other vacuum had the same setup but I had to stand on my head to get everything out of the bin even after removing the cup.  What I like about this one is the ease of removing the entire bin (the purple part), walking to the trash, push a button on top and the bottom drops open, and I never have to touch anything.

Another feature I love is how well it gets everything along the walls.  With my other vacuums I used the hose and an attachment and lost suction.  I would have to take the attachment off, get down on my knees, and get those areas that way by making sure the entire opening of the hose was covering the carpet.  Now I can stand up and be normal and save my back.  And I also find that this vacuum is very maneuverable allowing me to get at places I couldn't with the old cleaner, which is yet another plus. 

And lastly, I don't have to buy anything anymore in the way of belts, filters, or bags because there aren't any to replace.  The filter is washable and there aren't any belts whatsoever.  That was a huge problem with my last cleaner as I was breaking belts a lot and they aren't cheap.

So there you have it.  One more problem solved.  Next?
 

9 comments:

MarkD60 said...

Sorry things got messed up for the race.

Judy said...

I have a Dyson and love how easy it is to empty the bin--I too take it to the trash, push the lever and everything falls out. I have even found black dog hair come up out of the carpet. Black dog has been gone 2.5 years! What I am really shocked at is how much these cats shed!!! It is amazing the amount of fur I get in the bin. Happy housecleaning! LOL

Peruby said...

Usually with all the dog hair I have I still have to reach up into the canister and pull the hair out. It is too light to fall out on its' own.

Maybe I will try Dyson next. I'll need to save up a bit first. ;)

Nice choice.

Marti said...

Sorry about your race weekend.

I can tell it's a Dyson, but which one? I love the thought of not having any belts or bags to replace.

Cheyenne said...

MarkD60 ~ It turned out better than I thought it would. Only one race got canceled due to the rain and it will be run on Sunday.

Cheyenne said...

Judy ~ I don't know about happy housecleaning, but I do enjoy vacuuming a lot more now.

Cheyenne said...

Peruby ~ Yes, I used to have to reach up into the canister where the round filter was and even go as far as using a ruler to get the stuff in the back. That was a Bissell Pet and I blew it up, which is common for those when used on pet hair even though they are made for that.

What is nice about my purchase is I can pay in 6 payments with no added charges and shipping was free, too.

Cheyenne said...

Marti ~ It's a Dyson DC41 Animal.

Cheyenne said...

Marti ~ A DC40 not a 41. Sorry.