All my drivers in the four racing venues I follow did well this weekend. Dale Earnhardt, Jr., finished third in the Sprint Cup race today and moved from sixth to fourth in the points.
Elliott Sadler finished third in the Nationwide Series race.
Marco Andretti finished fifth in the IRL (IndyCar) race.
Chase Elliott won the ARCA race.
This photo above is Chase with his famous father, Bill Elliott. Chase is now 17 years old and is running limited races in both the ARCA series and the truck series this year. He does well in both series.
Before there was a Dale Earnhardt, Jr., on the scene, I was a Bill Elliott fan. I discovered him back in the early 80's when I first became attracted to NASCAR racing.
When Chase was born I kind of figured some way or other he would be involved in racing. Bill didn't push him, he left him follow his own path to see what he really wanted to do with his life. He tried a few different sports before he finally settled on racing, and I am glad he did.
His full name is William Clyde Elliott, named after his father, but his godparents started calling him Chase when he was small and it stuck. How fitting a name is Chase for such a youngster to be really good at what he does.
Two weeks ago when Chase was in the truck race he got nailed twice for speeding in or out of the pits and had to go to the rear of the pack. He persevered, never gave up, and finished in the top five. This past Saturday he had to start 32nd (there were 33 cars in the race), by lap 18 he was up to fourth, and went on to win the race. With that win, Chase made history because he became the youngest ARCA race winner.
He is a developmental driver signed by Hendrick Motorsports...a very wise choice made by Mr. Hendrick as he watched Chase coming up in the ranks of racing.
Chase's next step probably will be in the Nationwide Series and eventually the Sprint Cup series. I'll be watching and waiting.




3 comments:
You make a good case for Chase being a future star to watch. I will.
Thanks for the visit and nice comments.c
Hi Cheyenne ~~ I am glad that Dale is still it with you. Yes, he does good but both of us would like for him to WIN a few.
Of course he does much better than my fave, the Go Daddy Girl. But what can you expect when you are a girl (bad luck on the race track) and drive a green (bad luck) car?
I know you will like your Dyson. Our daughter, Karen got one and she had to empty it the two times the first time she used it. The new cleaner was sucking up all the cat hairs the old one was leaving.
..
I watched the Indy 500 the other day and it was very anti climactic.
Post a Comment