Someone Else Is Always Worse Off Than I Am
I cried because I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet.
-Anonymous
I always think of this saying whenever I complain about something and then I find out there are others far worse off than I am. Take for example the heat waves we have been enduring for a few weeks, with many more to come. We are far better off than those poor souls out West. The only difference there might be is that we also have high humidity with our heat, and that can choke a horse to death.
This week is a loaded week for us. We have a lot to do. It is time for the place I got my new glasses to call and let me know they are ready. They told me 7-10 business days, and tomorrow is the 10th day. I am anxious to get them as they will be my first pair of transitions.
Our pickup truck needs brake shoes and it seems as if my husband wants to get that done this week as well. He asked me today if we really need to go for groceries on Wednesday. That is our normal day to go and we usually go to two different stores. One has fantastic everyday prices and the other has fantastic sales. There are a lot of items I like to buy that one store doesn't have but the other one does, so it is a must that we visit both. Once in awhile we will only go to one if the other doesn't have a good sale.
Racing takes place in Daytona this weekend. Activity starts Thursday rather than Friday. That puts me in a bind as well but I may have to forgo some of that.
I won tickets to the Kutztown Folk Festival. We used to go there a lot and it has been a few years since we last visited. My German heritage on my father's side makes me want to go so I sent in the contest form and won the tickets. I have no excuse not to go and it lasts through Sunday.
Herein lies the problem with all this activity this week, and I may have even forgotten some of it. Saturday night my upper outside thigh started to hurt and by Sunday morning I could hardly walk upon arising. At first I thought it was my hip but it's not that, it's something else. I spent most of the day in my recliner feeling no pain. But whenever I got up I would have to limp and the pain was excruciating. This morning when I got out of bed I felt fairly decent but within a few hours I was back in the recliner, took a nap, and when I got up I felt so much better.
I am hoping this pain goes away so I can walk without looking like some sort of drunken idiot. I have been using Icy Hot and taking Tylenol. Fingers crossed it gets better. I only wish I knew how it manifested itself in that particular muscle. Lord knows I don't do anything to cause such a thing to happen.
(Sorry about the caps but it carried through from the anonymous saying at the beginning.)
7 comments:
Try some Aleve or Advil, which are anti-inflammatory medicines. You probably pulled a muscle and the area is inflammed. Say Hi to the Germans--I am one too, on my Dad;s side. You will love the Transition lenses, it will take a while to get used to them, then you will never want any other kind.
That stinks! The Folk Festival sounds like a nice time. Take it easy so you don't re-injure the leg if you do end up going.
Good luck!
I agree with Judy, and I hope you feel better.
Judy ~ I can't use Aleve, it is too hard on my kidneys. After taking two Aleve every day for many years, research led me to stop. My blood work numbers aren't good where the kidneys are concerned. So Tylenol it is.
Peruby ~ Thanks. The leg seems a little better today.
MarkD60 ~ Thanks.
Hi Cheyenne. Sorry about the pain and I hope it's better. Sounds like a busy week, so hope you manage okay!
Post a Comment