The way I feel at this very moment is like this cat above; I just want to rip my hair out, or rip lips off of anyone who will stand still long enough to allow me to do so. Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and/or snacks because this is going to be a long one.
Let's start with my first bitch:
I had a dental appointment today. Not the best way to start off one's day but it had to be done. I don't have dental insurance. My dentist retired about three years ago so I stayed with the new practice that took over. This new hygienist and dentist seemed to find things wrong with my teeth every time I went and before I knew it I was shelling out big money. I think I was an easy target because when people have dental insurance the practice does not get as much money as a cash paying customer like me affords them
Today I had a regular cleaning and then the dentist came in and within a minute she was finished. When I went to the front desk to pay my bill and was told what it was after all the discounts, I literally hit the ceiling. I left them know exactly how I felt and said I would pay the bill this time but I wouldn't be back. They also want me back every four months. I said six months. They said no, so I said let's compromise...five months. OK the dentist said. That was before I went out to pay the bill. They worked something out to my satisfaction so I left with my next appointment card in my hand. I am still irate about the whole thing.
My second bitch:
After the dentist we went to pay our taxes at the local tax collector. School taxes. Oh how I love them. I would love to have someone tell me why people like us have to still pay school taxes. This state has such an antiquated way of collecting taxes for schools, it is pathetic. And no one wants to do anything about it. There are currently two bills going through Congress to change the way they collect them and it would be a huge relief for us people. But it gets so far and then sits and stagnates. Every blessed time. It is just not fair. I didn't mind them so much when the interest rates on our bank accounts were high enough so that the entire year of interest could be used toward the taxes. Well, that is out of the question since the banks tanked years ago. And to add insult to injury, we had a reassessment of property over a year ago causing the taxes to go up, as well as the school budget causing the same thing, so we got shot at with double barrels.
What really aggravates me the most is there can be a family with four or more kids who rent and pay no school taxes at all, compared to the two of us whose children are long gone from the school scene and because we own property we have to help foot the bill for the school. That makes as much sense as a hill of beans.
My third bitch:
This one doesn't have any bearing on me but it could possibly sometime down the line. I am sure you are all aware of the PET scans some people get. They are used mostly for people with cancer. It can show cancer's progress and vice-versa. To me, it seems like a much-needed scan over one's lifetime, especially if they have cancer or are cancer-prone. Well, Obamacare says only three PET scans per person per lifetime. How rude! There are people with cancer that get those scans every couple of months. No longer. Only three are now allowed. Why? Because the government said it will save them a lot of money. I say, hey, government: tell your stupid president to keep his ass home more often and stop flying all over the place using all that money just for fuel. Stop taking all those vacations, stop sending your kids all over Europe just for the fun of it...I could go on and on. Why is it the American public is so stupid and allows these things to happen? What happens when this country collapses because of the stupid regime we have governing it? Be scared...be very scared...
OK, I think that will do it for today. I am sure other things will crop up to piss me off even further. Right now I need something to calm me down. A glass or two of wine might do it.

3 comments:
Sorry--per Obamacare--you are only allowed ONE glass of wine per week!!!That man is a devil through and through--I cannot believe someone hasn't taken a shot at him as yet. A lot of the things you listed piss me off to. I also do not have dental insurance--I send my dentist $30.00 a month toward a credit--then when I have an emergency or cleaning--I usually have enough to pay the bill and NOT go bonkers in the office--which I have done before!!
Here's an article for you: http://frugalliving.about.com/od/beautyhealthcare/a/How-To-Negotiate-Your-Medical-Bills.htm
What do you pay state and federal taxes for, if not schools? I've never heard of going to the school to pay tax in my life.
US medical is some of the worst in the world. And most expensive, do a price check search.
I couldn't agree more. I also don't have dental insurance and it does seem the dentist wants to do more to my teeth now than when I did have insurance.
School tax is one of my pet peeves too - especially since we homeschooled for most of my kid's schooling. And even if we didn't, why should we have to pay taxes so long? And why should people with no children pay tax?
You know what really riles me about Obamacare? That the congress & Prez exempted themselves from it. They still get decent insurance.
Post a Comment