Friday, August 16, 2013

I'm Back From My Vacation

Where did I go you ask? 

Nowhere...but it's the only excuse I can think of for not writing.

I would love to go somewhere on vacation, but we can't.  Besides the four cats inside, we also have a bunch outside.  They're not ours...they hang around so I feed them.  That has been going on for years.

And now that we have a new neighbor, problems have started.  They have a two-year-old.  The outside cats wander into their yard and they leave things behind.  You cannot teach a cat to stay out of someone else's yard, so there is nothing we can really do about it.  We have been approached by them about the problem.  The way I see it, it's not really my problem.  Like I said, they are not our cats; they just like to live on our property.

Weeks ago the wife told my husband she was going to plant sunflowers along the property line.  Once the sunflowers grew nice and tall, the only thing that did was hide their redneck yard from my eyes.  You would think they were running a day care center for all the crap in their yard. 

Today after the husband came home from work, he seemed like a man on a mission.  While I sat here working on my computer around 6pm, I heard banging noises coming from next door.  I looked out the window to see him walking quite fast back and forth along his garage.  Then I saw the fence.  At first I thought he was going to fence off the part around his pool, but later I saw that he is putting the fence on the outside of the sunflowers.  Whatever. 

All I can say is he needs an awful lot of that fencing to keep the cats out of his yard.  His yard is very long and narrow and it is going to take more than what he brought home to get the job done.  Of course, I could be wrong...he might have something else in mind.  Maybe he is just going to box off a portion of his backyard.  Then that part will look just as bad as the other side of his house where he has it fenced off with a garden and also to keep their son out of the street.

When I heard they were buying the place and our wonderful bachelor neighbor was moving to South Carolina I was worried that something like this would happen.  That neighbor kept the outside landscaping immaculate.  But then I found out these people have three cats inside so I felt a little better.  Well, that didn't last too long.

Before I get too bitchy and whiny I had better stop right here because I could write a book.  I have not spoken one word to either of them (my husband is the social butterfly in this family) and I do not intend to get cozy with them in the future.

What once was a cute little bungalow with gorgeous landscaping is now closer to the equivalent of living alongside of Honey Boo Boo.

6 comments:

Grandma K said...

Relationships with neighbors are tenuous things at best. We are fortunate with ours here at home, but not at our weekend place. Everyone around us is family - with one exception. And now he wants to revoke our easement through his property that has been in effect for 50+ years. Jerk.

I hope things settle out at your place. This can become so trying!

Judy said...

Honey Boo Boo's older sister must live next to me. Loud--loud and louder. She doesn't know how to close her car door without slamming it, nor can she talk on her cell without yelling, and the TV blasts very early in the morning--because she works nights and when she gets home at five a.m., she "assumes" that everyone in the world is also awake. Plus, she has so much trash--you are right, don't get me started!!!

MarkD60 said...

I had a neighbor who bought old beater cars. He'd drive them to his house, open the hood and work on them, then it quit running, he'd get another junker.
Finally all the neighbors were complaining about the junk cars in the front yard, he fenced the back, and moved them back there. Then he lost his house to foreclosure. It was a junkyard in the back, a literal junkyard.

Cheyenne said...

GrandmaK: When we moved here an elderly couple lived in that house and they were wonderful neighbors. She passed, then he passed and the house was sold to a bachelor chiropractor. He fixed everything up, added a backyard above ground pool, and it was a showplace. He also was a great neighbor. And like I said, now it is like having Honey Boo Boo living next door. And they have issues with our cats outside even though they have 3 inside.

Cheyenne said...

Judy: I remember a long time ago when one of my neighbors (in a different city) was like that. They think everyone else is on their schedule too.

Cheyenne said...

MarkD60: That is the worst thing that can happen when they abandon cars all over their property. Our township does not allow that, as we can only have registered and plated cars here.