Sunday, December 01, 2013

Poor Little Ol' Me

My head cold symptoms first set in the Saturday evening before the holiday week.  And I had my husband to thank for it since he had his the week before.

My husband's cold lasted all of four days.  I figured mine would too since we both had the same thing.  My cold was supposed to go away by Wednesday.  It didn't.  
I did make it to the doctor Wednesday morning for a quick blood pressure check since it was out of whack the week before for my regular visit.  Thank goodness it was well within its limits and I was okay.

That evening I lost my sense of smell and taste.  I figured it would return for Thanksgiving Day and I could make our meal.  It didn't.  Therefore, I had to postpone the meal.  I spent the entire day wrapped up in my recliner watching the parades and football.

Friday morning was a different story.  I could smell and I could taste.  Hallelujah!
Getting the meal together didn't exactly go smoothly.  I had bought a stuffed turkey breast and put it into the freezer.  I neglected to read everything on the carton.  I was supposed to thaw it in the refrigerator overnight.  That never happened.  I ended up boiling it for 30 minutes (it was encased in a hard plastic bag) and letting it rest so it would thaw all the way through by the time I was ready to make it for dinner. 

The turkey breast was the only thing that went wrong, which was made right by what I did.  All the other sides as well as the pumpkin pie and whipped cream were devoured by the two of us.  Of course, I couldn't eat as much as I had liked since my stomach was a little shrunken from not eating much all week.  But Saturday was another day and there was enough left over for the two of us to have a second meal just like the first one.  

This time, instead of pumpkin pie and whipped cream, we had cheesecake.  I rarely eat cheesecake but I felt after what I went through I certainly deserved to have it.  

 

5 comments:

Judy said...

I think any day can be Thanksgiving--and you were giving thanks to having the cold gone!!!

MarkD60 said...

For Thanksgiving I was at work and had a sandwich as my main meal.
Hope your cold gets better.

Grandma K said...

Hope you passed that cold on to someone else! Your meal sounds like it was really delicious! Now on to Christmas!!

JUST A MOM said...

I have you in as goofy4jr@ptd.net to be able to get in,,,, if your email has changed let me know what it is at,,, jayedewan@yahoo.com

JUST A MOM said...

funny I have been on facebook too long everytime I see a commment I like I try adn LIKE it..... you need facebook,, if ya have one let me know,