Now they are naming snowstorms. Who knew?
The latest one that was supposed to hit us last night and into this morning did not show up. And I am very thankful for that.
Titan did, however, drop a boatload of snow all around us. And again I say I am very thankful for that.
I don't have to tell you folks just how sick of all this ice, sleet, snow, wind, bone-chilling temperatures, etc., I have become. There are no words left in my vocabulary. And, yes, I do mean all those four-letter words and many others that have more than four letters. I can cuss with the best of them. And not just in my own home. That is what this 2013-2014 Winter season has done to me.
On a lighter note...
Dale Jr. came in second yesterday in the race at Phoenix, AZ, where he has won twice in the past. His car just didn't have enough oomph to take the first place away from Kevin Harvick, who drives for Tony Stewart this season. Kevin also drives in the Nationwide Series for Dale Jr.'s team. So his win keeps it in the "family" somewhat.
Getting back to the race, nobody had anything for Kevin Harvick. Once he got out front he pretty much stayed there till the end. But I was glad it was he who won and not those other two Penske drivers (Logano and Keselowski) that were giving me fits every time a caution came out which meant they were that much closer to Dale Jr. who was right behind Harvick.
Next race is in Las Vegas. Viva Las Vegas!
3 comments:
I too have run out of words! I didn't see the race--glad Dale Jr. did so well!!! All in the family, as you say with Harvick.
Judy ~ Are you a Dale Jr. fan?
My newest favorite driver is the son of Bill Elliott (who I adored to pieces when he was driving)...Chase Elliott. He drives for Dale Jr. in the Nationwide series.
I know how you want to get out of the never ending winter. We don't have it nearly that bad, but I am sick of this. Ice and snow (??) are things we just don't have often, and yet our schools have been cancelled twice this winter. They probably should have today because we are coated in ice - unuaual for us especially in March. Trying to send you warmth, but it is a rare thing today!
Post a Comment