Wednesday, April 23, 2014

I Will Do My Best But...

The days around here just melt into one another and before I know it another week has gone by.  I think about writing something on this blog almost every day, but that's all I do ~ think about it.  I come up empty minded.

Easter has come and gone.  My daughter and her fiancé spent the afternoon with us.  Her birthday was on Earth Day so we had a cake for her.  Celebrating her birthdays just tells me that I, too, am a year older.  Yuck.

The weather these days is up and down.  We have nice warm days and then we get slapped in the face again with rain, cold windy weather, just some nasty stuff all the way around.  Right now it is quite windy and it is supposed to be that way all day.  

Speaking of the wind, I recently purchased a wind bell for my front porch.  It makes the sound of a Cape Cod buoy.  It reminds me of the sea...I have always loved the sea but we are too far inland to visit as much as I would love to.  The problem with this wind bell is that it has to be quite windy in order for it to work.  It's very heavy but I knew that when I ordered it.  Every time I walk by it I give it a good shake.  I do hope my neighbors appreciate that.  I know I do.

Listen, I could give two hoots about any of my neighbors.  We have about four of them within stone throwing distance.  We moved here 28 years ago.  I guess you could almost call me a hermit since I don't talk to them or even acknowledge them when they are out.  The one neighbor that I used to talk to has moved out of the state.  The family that moved in seems to be fresh from the Ozarks.  Or related to the Clampetts.  No, even the Clampetts had some couth.

Well, it seems I have said more than I should have so I'd better shut up while I am still being civil.

 

3 comments:

Judy said...

I love the ocean too and probably will never get back to sit and listen and watch the waves .
The Clampett's? That's the name I was trying to remember when referring to the guy that left such a mess at my daughter's place, LOL. He fits that to a "T"!! Cold and windy here too--enjoy your buoy--give it an extra shake for me?

Cheyenne said...

Judy ~ Calling them the Clampetts is the nicest thing I could think of and keep my blog clean. Just think of all the other adjectives there are for people like them and you'll know how I really feel.

Jan said...

Sounds like we are sharing the same weather this side of the Atlantic...
Sorry to hear about your neighbours. The house next door to us has just come on the market. The guy who lives there at the moment can be a funny b****r.. but here in the UK we often say "Better the devil you know, than the devil you don't!!!" Jx