I am very opinionated and will argue a point to the nth degree. I tend to want to get to the bottom of things, so I push the envelope beyond what is expected.
Sunday, July 27, 2014
Time For An Update
A lot has happened since I last wrote.
I guess the most important thing to say is my husband has acute diverticulitis. This is the second go-around for him and the first time it happened was so long ago he never thought it would invade his colon again. Well, it did and with a vengeance. He is currently on another antibiotic a few days longer than the first ones prescribed. If this doesn't work the next step is surgery. Fingers crossed.
This summer two of our female cats outside had 6 kittens. Three kittens per mother. They are about two months apart though. The second litter was born to Jackie One-Eye. I wasn't sure what sex she was until she brought her kittens around. She has one eye and that is the way she first appeared to us when she was old enough to be on her own. Prior to that we had never seen her but I knew she belonged to our bunch.
She only has one kitten left. A calico. It, too, has only one eye. I might add here that we currently have a pair of red-tailed hawks lurking around in our trees for the past week. They preyed on those other two kittens. Swiped them right out of the yard. Red-tailed hawks are protected in the US, Canada, and Mexico. Why, I don't know because they are predators and will pick up anything that is twice their weight. I hate them. My father hated them. I hope they leave soon. They are so protected you are not allowed to even so much as harass them. How does one harass a hawk?
My husband's brother is in sad shape. We just got word Saturday that he is in hospice. I hate times like these. Here I am dealing with what might be wrong with my husband and everything else around me is falling apart.
I am sorry this is not an upbeat post but life isn't always fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I don't know what kind of hawk it was, but it got one of my brother's little yorkie pups and he shot it.
I hope your husband feels better, soon. Diverticulitis is not pleasant and I can't even imagine an acute case of it.
Best wishes to you.
I hope things get better - and soon. I am sure your husband has been in terrible pain.
Keeping fingers crossed!
I think I might harass that hawk in a fatal manner, bury the body where no one would ever find it. BUT--with outside cats, it's usually, survival of the luckiest.
Diverticulitis is NEVER a good thing--Hurts like Hell and worse!
Post a Comment