Monday, November 17, 2014

NASCAR 2014 Season

It seems like it was just yesterday when I taped the 2014 season race schedule to my wall for the NASCAR Sprint Cup racing season, but it actually happened back in January.

When I taped it there I thought Nice...a brand new season of racing ten months long.  And I sighed 'cause I was happy it would be just getting started.  It really does seem like it was just yesterday.

And here we are, the last racing weekend of the year is now over in what seems like the blink of an eye.  If I hadn't watched every race every weekend I wouldn't believe how fast they flew by.

Didn't I Tell You?


I told you to keep an eye on this kid.  He won the NASCAR Nationwide Series Championship last week.  He's 18 and graduated high school this past May.  His parents, above with Chase Elliott, made sure he attended his graduation too.

This was his first season in NASCAR and his team was put together last December.  He became the youngest champion in a national series and he is also the first driver to win a championship and rookie of the year in the same season.

I followed his father, Hall of Fame inductee Bill Elliott, for most of his career and I can assure you I will be following this young man's career as well.

NASCAR Sprint Cup Champion Crowned Today





Kevin Harvick won the Championship in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series.  This was the first year a new system was used and I, for one, do not like it at all.  But I must confess that it did make for some great racing at times.    When it came down to the last race, it meant that only four drivers were eligible to win the championship.  Of those four that were eligible, there was only one driver I wanted to win.  He did.  He drives for Tony Stewart.  This is his first year with Stewart-Haas Racing and he did a great job all year long, so he deserves the accolade.

...and now I wait for the next season to start next February.  These past ten months flew by but you can bet the farm that these next three months will drag.

3 comments:

MarkD60 said...

I can relate, American Football is finishing up week 11 already. UFB!

Judy said...

All my favorite sports to watch seem to run kind of together--baseball and then college football, still going on and college basketball has started. I have something to watch two or three times a week until next March. YAY. You will be getting a nice lot of snow in the next couple of days--enjoy and snuggle inside.

Grandma K said...

Hopefully the time will pass quickly!