Thursday, January 08, 2015

Good Lord It's Only 8° Outside

When was I picked up unknowingly and transported to one of the coldest places on earth?  I have no memory of such a trip.  And yet, here I am...8 freaking degrees outside.  And it is supposed to get colder over night into the morning. 

Our wind turbine has been quite busy these past few days.  The wind is what adds to the temperatures being a lot colder than what they actually are.  So if it is currently 8° outside that must mean the wind chill temperature is in the minus bracket.  I am so ready for that isle in the Mediterranean.  Or anywhere that boasts warm air almost year round.  Putting up with this polar air every year is working on my last nerve.

The only time in my life that I can remember liking snow, wind, ice, sleet and all that ugly stuff that comes with it is when I was young and too dumb to realize it was that cold. Usually we had to be dragged back into the house by one of our parents.  Kids back then just didn't seem to mind the cold.  Not like today ~ most of them prefer staying inside pushing buttons on all kinds of gadgets.

I went out today to get some groceries with my husband.  I would have loved to stay home but we were out of a few things and I needed food for the cats. I wouldn't care if I never had to go out again until the temperature rises to 40° and above.  Spring, my friends, cannot arrive soon enough for this woman.

2 comments:

Jan said...

That's cold! The UK is currently having a fairly standard damp and dismal winter... Do you want to swap?! Jx

Judy said...

The high here today was 4. Hibernating in January is a good thing, LOL