With two races left before it is decided who will be in the top ten, things are getting fairly crazy. With the Bristol race over and done with, it's on to California. That is one of Junior's not-so-good tracks. They seem to have a problem with getting the tire situation working in their favor. I think they have the set-up figured out because he did quite well at Michigan, and that is the chassis (#12) that they are taking to California.
Before the Bristol race Junior was 158 points out of tenth place. After that race he is now only 117 out of the tenth spot. It will take a small miracle to catapult him from 15th to 10th but it is possible!
Yes, it would be neat if he could be in the top ten in points and run for the Championship, but I will not be upset if he doesn't make it. He will still have ten races left in the season where he won't have to worry about the Chase and just go out and win as many of those races as he can.
After all, there is always next year. And I do believe he will be at the top of his game next year. The possibility of being back with his cousin, Tony Eury Jr, as his Crew Chief is exciting to say the least. They have ironed out their attitude problems of last year and will be ready to deal a blow to all their competitors.
I can hardly wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment