Friday, March 10, 2006

Anticipation


Finally Friday has arrived. And Friday brings with it the NASCAR cup qualifications for Las Vegas. As the day progresses my excitement will build ever so slowly to an almost ear-splitting crescendo when qualifying starts. I just hope I am not setting myself up for disappointment. But I always tell myself, Junior is a lousy qualifier. And it doesn't matter where he starts anyway, because he usually can find his way to the front, or the top ten at least. But this is Las Vegas. A track that hasn't been very kind to him in the past. Information filtering out of DEI however does give me hope. Junior and his cousin, Tony Jr, have great hopes for race day. That gives me a boost in confidence too. Before the race ever starts, I usually try to figure out where he's going to finish the race. At the very least, I ask a higher being to keep him safe and let him finish in the top ten. So far this year it's been working out rather well.

4 comments:

Jim said...

I'm pulling for Junior this weekend.
Have a nice time watching.
..

Tiredawg said...

A boogity boogity boogity number 8. Time to make some historE. Mornin my lady friend named Cheyenne.

Cheyenne said...

Jim: Thank you! He needs all the support he can get this weekend.

Cheyenne said...

Tiredawg: mornin' right back at ya except now it is afternoon. I don't do mornings very good.
I so would like to see the kid put all the naysayers in their place, but like I said, I'll settle for a top 10 at Vegas.