Monday, July 03, 2006

Has It Been A Year Already?



When I first started this blog a year ago, I had no idea where I was going with it or how long it would last. My first posts, for quite awhile, were full of anger because I had been "left go" at a job I held for 13 years. I was so hurt by what the new manager did, that I started this blog and lashed out the only way I knew how: with words directed at him and certain co-workers.

Eventually I deleted the worst ones. Some remain. But I still believe in what I had written back then. When I deleted them I felt like I had truly let myself down. It took me a full year to finally let go of that anger, which I did on June 1st of this year. That was my one year anniversary of termination. I figured it was time.

When I first started blogging, my posts were quite short. I really didn't know what I was doing, but just as I do today I tried my best back then.

I also questioned myself quite regularly.

I was my worst critic.

I still am.

I think I've come a long way since those first weeks, but know one thing for sure: I always tell the truth. That's the one thing about me that you can take to the bank, as they say.

9 comments:

Rachel said...

Congratulations on your one year of blogging!!!

1 plus twins said...

well happy one year blogging anniversary to you!!!

Tiredawg said...

I am glad you started blogging. I know I have got to know a bunch of great people while blogging. You make my Sundays with your verses. Madd props your way and peace. Here is to another year....CHEERS(as I lift my coffee).

Miki said...

Happy Blogversary! Glad that you remembered yours, I totally forgot mine! Keep up the good work, I enjoy reading your posts!

Jim said...

Congratulations Cheyene!
For sure I have always found you to be truthful and sincere in your blogging.

Hint: I save-not delete-stuff I don't want to have posted or posted anymore as drafts.
A lot are in a special blog for that. Copy and paste the HTML. Changing to drafts doesn't take away from the 300 'current' you can reach.
..

Jim said...

P.S. You have a very nice blog as far as I'm concerned. I really like your sub-theme of NASCAR and Dale Jr.
..

Tiredawg said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cheyenne said...

EVERYBODY ~ Thank you for the congratulatory remarks. I really appreciate it from y'all.

Rusty said...

I thought I commented on this the other day...but I don't see my comment! Oh, well...better late than never, right? Happy Blogiversary, and congrats! You do a great job, and I enjoy reading your posts. Dale Jr. always looks cute peeking out at me from your background, too. :)