
When I was a kid, I couldn't get enough of corn on the cob. I continued to eat it as an adult. However, there came the day when I had to go on a serious diet and learned that corn was not a part of that diet.
To stop eating it I told myself that corn is fed to pigs to fatten them up and also there is no nutritional value in it. Oh, and that it comes out the same way it goes in ~ pretty much anyway. So what's the point in eating it other than it tastes good. Most forbidden foods do. That's not fair.
It's been at least 25 years since I've eaten any type of corn, much less corn on the cob. So when my husband brought home ten cobs of corn the other night I was taken aback. See, he's not allowed to eat it due to a past bout with diverticulitis.
Following is our conversation about this corn:
Me: Why did you bring this corn home?
Him: So you could eat it.
Me: Have you ever seen me eat corn anywhere, anytime, ever?
Him: No.
Me: Well didn't you think there was a reason for that?
Him: No, what?
Me: That I don't eat it.
So he took it to work the next day and gave it to someone.
Common sense tells one that if someones doesn't eat a particular food there is a reason for that. And he and I have had the discussion about why I don't eat corn many times. So, yeah, I was a little hurt that he brought corn home.
It almost reminded me of the caveman days when the big hunter would bring home the evening meal, drop it at his mate's feet, and expect her to skin it, cook it, and then burp him on top of all that. I don't play that game.
And I am still trying to figure out why the hell he did in the first place!
10 comments:
If corn is such a good vegetable, then how come when you poop sometimes there are kernals left??? I'm just askin.
That's why I said it comes out pretty much the same as it goes in. I am of the belief that it isn't good for you either.
Poor mixed up Baby!
I'll be eating Illinois or Iowa corn tomorrow, and for a few days.
..
JIM: OK, I'm confused...who's mixed up and why?
I just had some corn on the cob! Yep, it sure does taste good.
I think it is fattening, but when it comes in ripe and is fresh from the fields I indulge. My hips can attest to that fact!
Maybe your husband just sort of forgot or decided that maybe you might change your mind and try it once again??
Corn has been on sale here lately. Maybe that's why he got it?? Who knows!! A man's mind is a mysterious place...
I eat it sometimes, but like you said, it pretty much comes out looking the same. Freaky.
It's the butter,salt, and pepper that give the taste.
Well, I thought you were mixed up for not eating corn, but liking it so well and admitting it doesn't give much nourishment.
Of course Husband is too, knowing no one eats it.
What happened to the annoying moving figure eight [8] when we approach the comment link? It is gone today.
..
Rachel ~ Well, you can keep eating it for me. 'Cause I can't have it.
Babs ~ Yes, their minds are a little weird now and then, aren't they?
The #8 cursor comes and goes. Who knows with this computer. Annoying? Why was/is it annoying? It doesn't bother me.
*********
Now, about this corn. Yes I like it but I can't eat it. Dietary reasons. ANd if gives no nutrition what is the point in eating it? I'd rather eat asparagus or broccoli or Brussels sprouts. Love all green veggies. Can't eat carrots either...too much sugar.
Post a Comment