Poor Mel Gibson...Nope, I'm not touching this one with a ten foot pole. See me next week when the pole length might change. I could make a comment of my own, but I shall refrain for now.Morning After Pill ~ I think I'll sit on the fence on this issue also. One thing I do think is that it shouldn't be used like an aspirin just to make something go away.
The heat ~ Today is supposed to hit 100 or better. As I type this, it is 94 degrees. Our grass is very green yet. We do have a lot of dew in the mornings, plus all the thunderstorms we have had lately have helped keep it green.
Fidel Castro ~ The "man" has turned over power to his brother. I hear the Miami community is so ready to party hearty when he's finally gone for good. Despots like him never did the world any good. Why can't these so-called leaders be nice. Maybe then they 'd get the respect they sorely crave.
Cell phones in school ~ Totally unnecessary. Leave them at the main desk and pick them up when you leave the school building. They're okay for emergencies and communication between parents and child, but too many kids abuse cell phones beyond belief.
Pennsylvania Lottery ~ Sales reached a record $3.07 billion in 2005-06, so why haven't our seniors benefited? Why must people who no longer have children in school pay school taxes anyway? Especially seniors. That is so ridiculous and to me it's just wrong. I think seniors should not have to pay school taxes.
Tour de France winner Floyd Landis ~ guilty or not guilty? I'll wait till the final verdict is in on this one.
So there you have it. My musings while reading this morning's local newspaper.
9 comments:
I sure agree about the school taxes. I've never had kids but I sure have to pay those taxes.
Cell phones. How did the world live without them I wonder? Everywhere you go they are talking on those cell phones. Geesh.
I agree with you except for cell phones in school. I let my kids have them, but they had to leave the room to answer.
There are so many Moms and a few Dads in school now with kids every which place. The caregivers may need to reach them. Yes, they are abused.
I was taught that we had our education paid for by the older generation and now it our turn to pay for the newer since we are the older.
Floyd Landis, I won't necessarily agree with final verdict anyway.
Oh yes, did you read where the cell phone companies are going to start charging $5.00 a month for people with older cell phones?
..
It has nothing to do with you!! I have some nosy family members.
Lance Armstrong was the most drug tested person in professional sports. He was always clean. Hope Landis is too.
Ralph
I was working on just what you said. The process is done now.
i agree kids don't need cell phones during class. at lunch, before or after but they are there to learn. i think the heat has been bad everywhere this year.
Well now since you have touched base on about everything....of course I agree with you. All I can say is Good Morning. Hope you have a gr8 day my dear.
Morning, those are quite the musings for the morning. Too early for me. Our paper comes in the afternoon. Then I will see.
The sad thing about cell phones is the kids text each other with answers to quizzes. That is why they should not be allowed in class.
Post a Comment