Friday, February 23, 2007

I Tried To Tell Y'all

When I found this, I wished I could have said it this way myself. I have been arguing with everyone that wants to argue, that this is how I always felt, still feel, and will always feel until Dale Jr. is brought in to the fold of DEI as majority owner. Following are Darrell Waltrip's words (yes, I did hear him say this but it has a greater impact when you read the words and let them sink in.) I'm not a big fan of Waltrip's because he has bashed Junior in the past when he wasn't doing well on the track, but these words changed my mind a little teeny tiny bit. Here it is:
********
"On Sunday's prerace show, I said what I believe about Dale Earnhardt Jr., and I believe I'm right. He doesn't want to be treated like he's a driver. He wants to be treated like he has a vested interest in Dale Earnhardt Inc. He doesn't, and he should. That's plain and simple. You heard him after the Daytona 500. There are things that he would have done differently. There are things that he would like to see done, and apparently, he doesn't have a voice in how things are done or how they get done. That's just wrong. I know what Dale Earnhardt's intentions were for DEI, and I don't think Dale would be happy. If Dale Jr. wants to run the company, his father would be happy because that was The Intimidator's intention. That's my opinion based on my relationship with Dale when I drove for him and when he started DEI." -Darrell Waltrip

5 comments:

Tiredawg said...

I agree with him owning part of DEI. Just a majority right now is too much for me. Let him grow and win more as a champion and a driver than do it.

Rachel said...

I think you're right! Loved your Grandkitty too!!

Cheyenne said...

Tiredawg, you don't understand. If he would only get 49% or say even 50% he still has no say in anything and Teresa would still call the shots. He needs that majority vote for what he thinks the company needs as far as the cars/motors etc. I think you're missing the point. He's a grown man now and he surely has enough credentials to call the shots as a driver/owner.

TalkGeorge said...

Darn, Jaws making sense, that's odd!

Racefan57 said...

A serious comment from DW... surprise surprise